Trust issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trust issues

I am a college student and my girlfriend works fill time on the other side of the state. Recently i went to visit her for a few days, during the visit she went through my Facebook. There she found a casual conversation between me and another female in my inbox. I t was nothing serious, she read more into it. That entire day I explained to her that it was nothing she saw because the whole conversation was there nothing was deleted. Everything was cool she got over it or so i thought , we chilled and i went home. Days later the issue was brought up again, how can i convince her that nothing was going on?

You've told her nothing is going on, and if she has read the entire conversation, and it really is as casual as you say it is then she is overreacting and there's pretty much nothing you can really do to change her mind about it- especially if she is stubborn. This is something she has to just calm down about. LD does cause you to overthink, over analyze sometimes but I think if you have already explained how trivial the conversation was then there's really no need for her to over exaggerate this nonsense. That's just my opinion on this situation as you have stated though.
    "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

I definitely agree with Unconditional... if you've already told her that it was just a casual conversation and she's not listening to you then you need to reconsider whether or not she is worth the overreaction. Tell her to grow up and drop it... if you didn't do anything wrong then there's no reason for her to get upset over you talking to a friend that happens to be a girl.

Comment

Don't let your gf go through your FB. Just don't. This just proves that even when you try to be transparent in order to convince her you are faithful, it doesn't work to calm her issues over the distance.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Hey Mario843,

I too have experienced this; I was still in school in the US while my girlfriend was working full-time in Thailand. Though you didn't necessarily do anything wrong, it is always a good idea to reassure her that she is the only woman you love and are attracted to. It might take her time to get over it, but I would advise to reassure her how much she means to you. I mean think about it if the situation were the other way around, you would more than likely be a little upset to. Reassurance is necessary in LD to insure trust between you two. That's just my 2 cents and I also agree with differentcountries, letting her go through your Facebook will usually end up in a fight even from things before you two even met.

Comment

Working...
          X