Distance is making me crazy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Distance is making me crazy!

I think the distance is really getting to me!
    We made it through two years long distance while he was obtaining his masters degree. I think we both handled the distance well during that time. I saw him as much as possible and I feel I was in a good mind set.
    Now he was accepted into med school so we have 4+ years to go. I'm not sure what it is, but something changed in me. I still love him the same. My desire to be with him is even stronger now though. The distance hurts and I'm not coping with it as well as I have in the past two years.
    I'm looking for advice and support. How do you cope when the pain of distance is unbearable? How do you cope when your mind is telling you that he isn't going to want you this long and he is going to forget all about you within the next four years?
    I want to hear success stories, PLEASE!!!!

The best thing you can do is push through it and keep yourself occupied. There are going to be days where it really hurts, and you just gotta keep on going. Every time you get those intrusive thoughts, remind yourself that's not true. Distance is only temporary, and you'll close the distance soon enough. On those really bad days, throw yourself into a hobby, your work, go out with friends, etc. If you can, talk to your s/o about how you're feeling and be like "hey I need some encouraging words today" or whatever.

As for success stories, we have an entire section dedication to success stories. You might want to start there and read through them. Distance sucks, but it's entirely doable. Keep your chin up!

Comment

Thank you for the encouragement!

Comment

Working...
      X