X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having doubts about my ldr

Heey everybody
    i have problems with my doubts

Well everytime when i hear my parents talk bad about this relationship its like to far they wont have a future together and all that stuff . i'm getting doubts and feel bad and sad and then i always tell it to him of course it breaks hes heart i dont like to see him in that cant of way .i really dont wane lose him . he means so much to me
    i would be really happy if i can get some advice how i get those doubts away

Sorry for my bad english
    See you soon

I think the majority of us have had doubts or still do sometimes, it's pretty normal in any relationship, especially in these. Maybe you can try talking to your parents about it? Letting them know that it's upsetting that they talk about your relationship that way? If that doesn't work, you can just try to focus on all the positive things. It can be hard sometimes but there are a million things you can be positive about, even if there are also a million things to be negative about, the positives usually outweigh the negatives, hence why you're willing to deal with the distance to be with them.
    I wish you two the best!

Comment

My husband and I started dating 3 months before we started college. He was going far, I was staying at a community college at home. The first year was the hardest. He was exploring all these new found freedoms of being able to hang out with his friends whenever he wanted, not having to ask for permission to go places, etc. It was much harder for me since I was still at home and didn't really understand. We were 17 hours apart but we made it. We argued, we talked, we compromised. LDRs during college are hard but you're gonna meet a lot of people in your situation. We both wanted our relationship to succeed so we fought for it. 4 years later he proposed, 5 years later we got married, 6 years later we celebrated our first wedding anniversary. Our LDR made us who we are. It strengthened our bond. Lots of people told us it wouldn't succeed...that we were too young...our parents on both sides would have preferred us to break up. His parents wanted him to have the full college experience, date around, and find a girl in college. Oh well :P. That was then, this is now. They love our relationship now. Find ways to cope. We used to visit each other during breaks . Best of luck.

Edit: Create a countdown, it really helped me.

Also, your SO may feel like you also think your relationship won't succeed. Be careful with how you word things with him :P. Whenever people used to tell me those things, I'd tell them they didn't know crap and then I'd tell my then boyfriend xD.
      Last edited by Yaaamiii; July 15, 2015, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Hey everyone! I'm going into college. I'm front New Jersey but I'm going to school in South Carolina. My family decided to move to North Carolina upon me going to college. By the time I leave I'll have a boyfriend of nearly 3 months. He's the most amazing guy in the world and I don't think I've ever been so lucky. I've been back and fourth for a long time about us being together when I leav. I told him we should break up after I leave and it's been a few weeks and I can't see that happening. I don't want anyone else to have him. I know he's the one for me. And we've all said that about other people but there's just a different feeling you get and that's when you know it's him. I'm desperate for an answer. I need encouragement. And does anyone have any websites they go to for cheap airfare? That would help!

Comment

Is your BF staying in New Jersey? Look into the Megabus. My now husband and I used to use Megabus all the time to see each other. No way to compare the rates. As far as airlines go, look into Southwest or Spirit Airlines. Look directly on Spirits website. Southwest offers a free checked bag which is nice.

Comment

Working...
          X