Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's something your SO does that makes you mad??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's something your SO does that makes you mad??

One thing that makes me mad is when he watches movies without me, especially movies that I've told him I wanted to see. Sometimes we do the share screen thing on Skype and watch movies together. Lately, we've been watching Orange is the New Black on Netflix. Sometimes he asks me if I would rather watch a movie and I usually say that it's too close to my bed time to watch a whole movie and I have to get up early for class so I say no. Sometimes I ask him if he wants to watch a movie and he says 'no, i would rather watch OITNB'. So neither of us mind when we don't get to watch a movie, but just this past week, he watched two movies by himself, not even with friends. He says that he's done this his whole life. He's really into cinematography so he likes watching a lot of movies. I have told him in the past multiple times that watching movies together is one thing that I really cherish. I don't know why, but I do. So I ask him that if he wants to watch a movie please tell me or ask me if I want to watch it with him. Not that hard, right? Well, just today he told me he watched two movies this past week.....and I asked him "why didn't you tell me?" and he said "I forgot." And I said "How could you forget?" (He's forgotten before...even when he went to the movie theatre before) and he said "I don't know. I just did. One of the movies was so bad I just skipped through it and didn't actually watch the whole thing." And then I found out the other movie he watched was a movie I REALLY wanted to see! I got so mad at him that I just hung up the phone and said "I'm gonna go now. Bye." I got sooo mad at him. I feel like it's such a ridiculous thing to get mad at...but maybe it's because being able to watch movies together gives me the feeling that we are physically together sharing the same experience. Also, I think the distance really stresses me out some times and instead of getting upset at the distance between us, I take it out on him. But, anyway, this is something I would get mad at him for regardless of the distance.

What's something your SO does that makes you mad? Maybe something that seems a bit ridiculous?

I get mad when he doesn't tell me what is going on. I think for him, information is just practical, for for me it is very emotional - it is the stuff I need to make plans and makes me feel like I can influence my life.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I know exactly what you mean differentcountries, I have the same issue with my S/O, I like to share all sorts of information such as how my day went, how I'm feeling and anything that I would think would sort of let him know how I'm doing. For him its the complete opposite, he has a very "need to know" mentality and silly little things that happen throughout the day seem meaningless to him but doesn't believe that I would actually find them interesting as it would make me feel closer.
      He does study a lot and it does annoy me a little (it is partly selfish on my end) he is doing a master's degree and needs to buckle down and work his butt off, but sometimes he just forgets about me, we might sometimes go days without saying a word to each other and I'd be the one that has to chase him up. I recently went to see him and I finally saw how much work he is stuck with on the regular, but I do wish he would put an hour out of his week to just dedicate it to me. It's been extremely difficult since he started university again, before we were long distance because he lived with his parents but now at university the communication has gone down soo much but what can I do? I love him. so yeah - what annoys me about him? his "not relevant" mentality and being way too busy

Comment

Working...
      X