Feeling a bit lonely!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling a bit lonely!

Hey guys, so I'm in university (living at home) whilst my boyfriend is in another uni 2 hours away and even though we visit each other often, when we aren't together I find myself often feeling lonely, not just because I can't see him but because I feel like I don't really have anything (other than any uni work) to distract me to make time pass quicker. When I'm in uni during the day I feel fine as I'm with all my uni friends and I'm busy, but when I'm home I often feel bored and that I have no one to interact with, I'm always just in my room on my own! It's not like I have uni friends I'm living with to go out and do things together etc, unlike him! My boyfriend is so great, we text/call each day and our relationship is going so well, it's almost been a year now I just need advice really on how to help pass the time and how to distract myself, it actually sucks feeling pretty lonely! I already go to the gym and have uni but apart from that time goes so slow for me. I wont be seeing my boyfriend now for 5 weeks and I don't to feel like this all the time

Try to find a hobby, read books, watch movies or maybe a start watching a TV series (that is a really time consuming thing!), play games if you're into it, listen to music, try to meet new people on uni (maybe some girls from your group or something?) and go out with them, ride a bike... There are lots of possibilities!

Lots of luck to you and your boyfriend.

Comment

Can you go out with your uni friends even though you're not living with them?
      So, here you are
      too foreign for home
      too foreign for here.
      Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

This is something real hard to deal. But somehow I could manage myself though. By sleeping? Nah. Reading our conversations over and over. Probably watch Youtube videos, movies, and my favorite hobby is watching anime My pasttime. It helps alot I just wait for him to be up and banng! Won't notice the time that have passed

Comment

I'm in pretty much the same situation as you. It's really hard to be lonely, and sometimes harder to make yourself go and be around people - you're living at home, so instead of staying in your room, go and spend time with your family! You can still see your uni friends even if you don't live with them.
          When I'm feeling like that I study (for some reason when I'm feeling sucky and lonely I can get so much work done), read, watch films.
          When I'm feeling really bad I do things like plan trips for when you're both at home, make photo albums, catch a train somewhere and go explore a new place.
          Another thing I do which seems kind of stupid but actually works is when I'm sad I put a big smile on and don't stop smiling until I'm actually happy.

Just realised that you posted this quite a while ago, so maybe this reply isn't much help now... But hey in a week (depending on when your Christmas holidays start) you'll be together and so happy

Comment

Working...
          X