Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I even bother with trying to get closer to him since he lives in Arizona?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I even bother with trying to get closer to him since he lives in Arizona?

Hi.
    I met a great guy on okcupid last summer. We only went out once, but I liked him. He's everything I'm looking for in a guy - Tall, Smart (med student), asian, caring, compassionate, etc.... He goes to school in Arizona. When he's back in town, he and I live pretty close. We both live in southern california, west covina and la puente respectively. We were considering giving it a try a last summer, but because of the distance, ultimately decided that it wouldn't be a good idea. We talked a lot last summer, even though we only went on one date. We tried to make more plans, but we both had other things planned already. He went on vacation, and I did as well. When summer ended, he went back to school. We've kept in contact throughout this past year, but we're both pretty busy too. He's busy with school, and I'm busy with work (RN). He'll be coming back next week, but he'll be studying for his boards for another month. I asked him if he wanted to go to Six Flags or Knotts, since I recently found out he loves roller coasters, even though I'm not too enthused about it since I'm scared of heights. He said that it would be fun, but it would probably have to wait until after he took his boards. I don't want to distract him from his boards, but I do want to spend some time with him in May too, not just June. He still has 2 more years of school. I'm wondering if I should even bother with getting closer to him, since we'd only be able to spend about a month together before he goes back to school.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I guess only you can answer that question. Yes, long distance is tough and not for everyone. It's about keeping open and constant communication with the other person in your life. It requires scheduling for chats and time to talk together. I think you need to consult him to see if he would be interested in a LDR and if he is able to give you some of his already scarce time. It takes 2 people to make it work so I'd consult him on the idea and go from there. If he's unable to give you some of his time then at least you'll know instead of investing yourself too much into something he didn't or couldn't give. Best of luck

Comment

Like Redheart said, it's up to you. An Arizona/California long distance relationship may be easier than some because in relative terms it's easier to drive there or even get cheap airfare (I once found tickets to Orange County from Phoenix for less than $100 round trip). However being in a long distance relationship involves different dynamics than being in a short distance one, and med school is incredibly demanding and will always be a priority over you.
      So, here you are
      too foreign for home
      too foreign for here.
      Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Working...
      X