Last hope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last hope

I've recently had a good 2 hour conversation with my girlfriend about how she's feeling as were coming up to a year in our ldr. This then ended in us taking a week and a half break to think things through. She said that the distance is stopping her from feeling the way she used to about me. We live around 50 minutes from each other when we are back from university and around 3 hours away when in term time. We both work quite a bit to get cash for the next semester so having time to see each other seems to be shortening . We have seen each other 1-2 a week for a few weeks now however that's only really been in the evenings as we both work till late at night. This she said feels like she has to see me not want to see me .

She said because of the distance she doesn't see a future for us as we are both going into our final years at university so stress levels will be higher and she doesn't believe that we would have time for each other.

We have a holiday booked together in September that has been planned for a few months now. I suggested that this would a good way to reconnect as we would have time for each other. However she seems to be stuck in her ways adminent that it won't work, having said that I feel that's just tunnel vision and not seeing the full picture .

Can anyone give advise as I want to keep this relationship however I don't want to make her unhappy ?

She said because of the distance she doesn't see a future for us as we are both going into our final years at university so stress levels will be higher and she doesn't believe that we would have time for each other.
    I have to wait a year to meet my SO for the first time and I'll be able to see him once a year after that because of uni. There are people in worse situations here and they still make it work regardless.
    I think if two people want to make time for each other, they will no matter the circumstances.
    Distance is hard but most of us don't go thinking that we don't have a future. Though at the same time, distance is not for anyone. It can work ONLY if two people are willing to give their all to it and make it work. If.

Give her some space, though. Since she asked for it, she most likely needs it. And be ready for the fact that no matter what she concludes you need to respect her decision.

P.S. The fact that she said she has to see you is a bit concerning, though.

Comment

Sorry, this is going to sound harsh but do you think that she is using the distance as an excuse?

Comment

Unfortunately, you cant make people love you.
        She is being honest and up front about where she is emotionally. At this point your option is to step away. If she does not want to do the holiday, then you need to figure out what you want to do. Can you go alone? Perhaps take a buddy? Or can you cancel and get money back?
        I wish I had a better answer, but you really need to respect her wishes and back away. That may make her miss you more, or it may end you both as a couple. But its so much better then being led on for years..

Comment

Working...
        X