Need lots of advice to keep going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need lots of advice to keep going

Ok, so..... My boyfriend and I have been dating for 6 months. We were only supposed to do long distance for the summer. Well, it turns out he is going to another school 10 hours away from me. He doesn't live in my state and lives 6 hours away. We both agreed that we wanted to continue to date. He doesn't show emotion very well and I feel like I depend on him too much. I feel sad a lot and get very anxious when he doesn't reply back to me within a reasonable time. I know he's busy and he doesn't tell me when he is, but I still get anxious. I start school next week and he leaves for his tomorrow. We only saw each other 4 times this whole summer and it was great. I'm just scared that I will be too worried about him once school starts. I need advice on how to stay calm and not feel so anxious about it. I get this fear that he is losing feelings for me and I need to stop thinking like that, but I feel like I just can't help it. I have trust issues from previous relationships and I don't want it to ruin this one.

He is also really bad at texting.... sometimes he won't respond for hours. He says that he isn't a big fan of texting and sometimes I'll have to text him again to prompt the convo. He also always seems disinterested when we text but when we talk on FaceTime everything is okay. I may just be overthinking it all and I have talked to him about it. It gets better for a week or so then it falls right back into the same pattern. It's wearing me out.

It's very important to maintain your own life, own hobbies, own time with friends, etc so that you are also busy. When a person makes their SO or relationship such a focal point, it's very easy to get anxious or wonder why they don't feel the same or respond the way you do. I think if you really start focusing more on yourself instead of if he responds to texts or not, etc, you will find it much easier.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Originally posted by R&R View Post
      It's very important to maintain your own life, own hobbies, own time with friends, etc so that you are also busy. When a person makes their SO or relationship such a focal point, it's very easy to get anxious or wonder why they don't feel the same or respond the way you do. I think if you really start focusing more on yourself instead of if he responds to texts or not, etc, you will find it much easier.

Thank you! I am trying hard to do that and am slowly getting better at it.

Comment

Working...
      X