Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apathy and Anxiety

Hello there!

This is my first post to this forum, so bear with me. So here's my situation. So I am happily in a relationship with my boyfriend who lives 5 hours away. He is absolutely a light in my life. Out of all my relationships I have ever had, this one feels absolutely right. When we are together it's as if everything seems right in the world. So, I go to college in my hometown while he's in Oklahoma. (Just a little background information)

So here's my predicament. He went back to school two weeks ago, the first few days I was a wreck. I cried all the time, was quiet, didn't want to be around others, etc. But after that initial few days passed, I have begun to feel a bit apathetic. My rational brain tells me that I miss him, but it is not on my mind 24/7. I am pretty content in my life at school and have been busy ever since he left. However, I feel as if I should be missing him more than I do. Although, occasionally out of nowhere I will become a sobbing wreck for a few minutes.

Another problem I deal with is mild anxiety. I am currently on an antidepressant and sometimes I feel as if my emotions are a bit blunt. My anxiety has also geared up about our relationship. It is almost as if when my life gets more stressful, then more I get anxious about my relationship. It's as if I'm projecting my anxiety onto my wonderful boyfriend.

So I guess my question is this, from an outsider's perspective, do my thoughts and anxiety seem to be from external factors outside my relationship or is something amiss?

Thanks!

Originally posted by frlove View Post
    Hello there!

This is my first post to this forum, so bear with me. So here's my situation. So I am happily in a relationship with my boyfriend who lives 5 hours away. He is absolutely a light in my life. Out of all my relationships I have ever had, this one feels absolutely right. When we are together it's as if everything seems right in the world. So, I go to college in my hometown while he's in Oklahoma. (Just a little background information)

So here's my predicament. He went back to school two weeks ago, the first few days I was a wreck. I cried all the time, was quiet, didn't want to be around others, etc. But after that initial few days passed, I have begun to feel a bit apathetic. My rational brain tells me that I miss him, but it is not on my mind 24/7. I am pretty content in my life at school and have been busy ever since he left. However, I feel as if I should be missing him more than I do. Although, occasionally out of nowhere I will become a sobbing wreck for a few minutes.

Another problem I deal with is mild anxiety. I am currently on an antidepressant and sometimes I feel as if my emotions are a bit blunt. My anxiety has also geared up about our relationship. It is almost as if when my life gets more stressful, then more I get anxious about my relationship. It's as if I'm projecting my anxiety onto my wonderful boyfriend.

So I guess my question is this, from an outsider's perspective, do my thoughts and anxiety seem to be from external factors outside my relationship or is something amiss?

Thanks!
    Welcome to LFAD.

I can't speak for the anxiety part as I have never dealt with anxiety. There are others on here that will be able to speak to you regarding that.

As far as the not missing him so much, that's ok. You are busy with school and hopefully friends and activities. Being able to live our own lives while apart from our SO is key to a healthy person and relationship. We can miss our SO's but having them in your mind 24/7 and not being able to do anything for the misery of missing him would be very unhealthy. You know you miss him but you don't let that control you and that's great! I would say you are on the right track.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Working...
    X