This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Need To Know I'm Not Alone

7 months ago I began dating a boy who made me realize that all the past years of agony accepting that and assuming that relationships were supposed to be stressful and upsetting and that love was not something I was meant to experience was completely wrong. I have found in this boy everything that I knew in my heart could exist in a love but had never experienced and had been told didn't exist.

A few months ago he moved across the country the same month my closest friends did the same. Now I am adjusting from spending every weekend surrounded by the love and support of my friends and boyfriend to either talking over skype or trying to make friends with people I just don't connect with.

I need to know that I am not alone in this feeling, that I am not going crazy. I feel addicted to my boyfriend's texts and calls. If I don't hear from him I begin to become filled with doubt. Doubt that we'll make it, doubt that he still feels the same for me, doubt that our relationship will ever feel the way it did before.

I haven't talked to him about him moving much at all, I tend to keep everything to myself so I guess I'm wondering also how you all have this conversation without looking crazy?

I have to say it surprises me how it's the littlest things are what I miss the most. The smile on his face when I'd walk in a room, the way his arms felt around me, the small kisses he'd give me in passing, oh God how I miss dancing with this boy.

It also doesn't hurt that I've been listening to So by Ed Sheeran on repeat.

Any advise, any just "I've been there"s would be so helpful.

It's a little bit of a red flag that you say that you are addicted to his texts and calls.

Below is advice from my experience that I offer to folks who get caught up in waiting for the next text from their partner:

Are you a student? If yes, go to school. Focus on school.
    Are you gainfully employed? If yes, go to work and be present at work.
    Have friends? If yes, spend time with them. Enjoy yourself.
    Have hobbies? If yes, spend time on your hobbies.
    Have interests? If yes, spend time on those things you are interested in.
    Have internet? Read about the stages of relationships so that you will be knowledgeable about how relationships grow.
    If you answered no to all of the above, change your life so that you can answer yes to some of these things.

Be a whole person so that you can be a whole person in a relationship. Become a priority and have a great relationship with yourself.

Comment

You're not alone. This whole forum can relate. All your feelings are what we have gone through. The adjustment to an LDR is hard and texts or calls become the main point of communication, so we do wait (sometimes anxiously) for them. It's ok to have doubt, just don't let it drive an unnecessary wedge between you both. Focus on The positives and look forward to something (ie a visit). It is hard and it's true, LDR's aren't for everyone. This community it amazing, use it as an outlet to reach out to those in the same position when you need. Attitude plays a huge part in the success of an LDR, so hold your head high. Best of luck

Comment

Working...
      X