Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice for staying in the moment/Introduction

Hi all!

I am new to this site and have been with my girlfriend for around 4 months now! They are currently visiting me in the UK but I have found it difficult to be present and keep casting my mind forward to the moment they're going to leave (in 2 days) which is giving me a lot of anxiety and making me upset when I should be enjoying myself and making the most of my time with them.

Does anyone have any advice on how to tackle this? I'm struggling to keep it in check.

Thank you! <3

Whether you're worried or not, the separation's gonna happen. I feel like you should try and accept that fact. Since there are two days left, it might be a little bit late for that- but I believe the best is to try your best to make the last two days what you'd look back and have no regrets. Hope you did that (noticed the thread's from a few days ago) and hope you had a great time.

Comment

I do that a lot on visits, too. I've gotten better at focusing on the present since we've had so many, but it does take a while to get better at it. What has helped me is knowing when I'll see my SO again and/or planning our next visit during our current visit, as well as being mindful in general of how I'm responding to situations and being open with my SO about how I'm feeling. I usually have a good cry on the day before last in anticipation of leaving my SO or vice-versa, and we just spend the time being close and comforting one another. It's not an easy thing to get over and I totally empathize-- just do your best!
      Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
      Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
      Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Working...
      X