HECTIC ROUTINE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HECTIC ROUTINE

This is quite important to me so please don't be rude about this and it would make me so happy if anyone could take a couple minutes to read this and reply. Thank you

I've been in a long distance relationship with my SO for 7 months. He is absolutely everything I could ever desire to get as a lover,and I chose to promise my heart to him only. We have never met in person,nor we are planning to do it anytime soon since it's very expensive to travel,but we already have long term plans for when he'll finish college and I'll finish high school.
    We both suffer from a severe depression and we've been helping each other several times,and even if since he started university he has been very stressed out and we talk just once a day,he has told me that I do not need to worry,and that he loves me.
    He's a very particular person,let's say he's not the typical "random dude" He's very secretive and smart,not romantic at all but very caring and kind. We don't have a conventional relationship.

But here's the issue; it's been 10 days since I have talked to him for the last time. He has to do a project for College,that will end on the 7th of September,and he's a perfectionist so he even studies 15 hours a day sometimes. He wakes up at 4am for his job and goes to university till afternoon. And I haven't heard from him in 10 days.I got to know that he's safe though.
    I see him coming online on whatsapp sometimes,but it's ALWAYS from 4 to 30 seconds (only once for 3 minutes),he doesn't check my instagram stories (which he usually does even when he's busy),hasn't been online at all,hasn't texted me with normal messages or in any other way.

I am very afraid that he may has lost interest in me and is just trying to "get rid" of me,or just doesn't care about me anymore.
    But the rational part of me says that he's just isolating himself from any distraction,and that someday he will come back.
    Knowing him he's a very stubborn and proud person and he would never dump me without saying anything. And we did not fight or anything before he left.
    His last messages were about him being very busy with the project since he's quite behind where he's supposed to be,and that I don't have to worry about him so much...

A part of me feels bad because hey,you didn't even say "I'm going to be away for a couple weeks,see you soon". I would have been okay with that,and not so paranoid. I feel,maybe he just doesn't care about how I feel?
    But a part of me says that perhaps he just didn't think about that. He said he was very busy,that Ii didn't have to worry,and 2 weeks ago he said I have to remember that he loves me. So I'm pretty sure that he just thought I know why he's not replying and that's why I would have been calm.
    I'm not panicking,but I have texted him impulsively in the past 10 days. Now I have sent him a voice note where I tell him that I'll just give him some space and explained to him how I feel. I'm not angry,but I feel a bit abandoned. I just want him to come back soon and tell me that he still loves me and wants me and that he's just busy. I just need to hear that.

Point is...can I get some positivity and motivation from people that go to college or that have been in a similar situation before that didn't end in a bad way? Or even just other people.^^

Thank you lovelies.<3
    Last edited by chantalien; August 25, 2018, 06:07 PM.

I'm not trying to compare my situation to yours in anyway... but I freeeeak the heck out when my boyfriend doesn't text me at all and doesn't tell me anything... well I freak out after like 8 hours because its usually something bad that happened. But I completely understand why you are concerned, though as a college student, I know how it is to be busy with school projects. Especially when you're behind on the project. You mentioned he was "different" than most guys and if you fully believe in that, then, guuuuuuuurl hang on until the 7th. If you really trust him and are interested do you until then. Stay busy and focus on yourself. If you feel like texting him do! But don't bombard him lol. Just give it a chance. It is easy to think someone will let us down but sometimes when you know you know! Have some faith and stay busy!!<3
    California- Alabama
    Relationship began: April 4, 2017
    First visit: Alabama: April 4-8, 2017
    Second visit: Alabama: August 22-30, 2017
    Third visit: Alabama: December 9-19, 2017
    Fourth visit: California: May 25- June 4, 2018
    Fifth visit: Alabama: September 15- 26, 2018
    Sixth visit: Alabama: December 18, 2018-January 3, 2019
    Seventh visit: Alabama: April 2-10, 2019

Comment

Thank you so much for your support! I really needed it. And yeah I have been bombarding him a bit BUT I deleted many messages and he only got like 20 I guess...but yeh I just want to wait. Thank you. <3

Comment

Hey, hope you're doing ok! I think that once he is in contact with you again, you should let him know how you want the communication to be. Tell him that you're ok with him being off for many days, as long as he lets you know first, even if it's with a short and simple message.
        You said that he's different so this may not apply to you two, but with my boyfriend and I, being busy and not having contact for so many days (and especially without prior notice) is not an excuse because hey, we eat/sleep/do personal hygiene and so during or right before or after those times, we would be able to send a quick message. With us, if one of us doesn't reply for more than 24hrs, then I or he would contact close friends to try and figure out what the issue is. Fortunately this has never happened before, but it's a way that works for us. This ensures that if there's a terrible accident or anything the other would be informed, and also that no one is left worrying for several days. For us, there is absolutely no excuse for being so busy that there's "no time" because if there's the will, then there's time.

Comment

Hey,thank you. I needed some support,not a "if there's will then there is time" but thanks for trying

Comment

Originally posted by chantalien View Post
            Hey,thank you. I needed some support,not a "if there's will then there is time" but thanks for trying
            We've had a bit of a similar situation and we're very happy now so just wanted to share with you that option/situation, but like I said, it may not apply to you. Seems like you might have misunderstood me, I was only saying that that's how things work for us, nothing about your boyfriend's will or lack of. Good luck!

Comment

Hey,no problem. It's been 20 days now and I'm honestly so destroyed. I told him that I'm done chasing him,and that despite him being my everything,I will not text him anymore unless he does first. Truth is,I miss him a lot already,I don't want us to end at all...

Comment

Working...
              X