Worried...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worried...

Me and my boyfriend have been dating for almost a year. Just recently he moved 3 hours away to college, and I'm still in homeschool. Last night he said that he didn't know if he could do this anymore and that he didn't know if he loves me as much as he used to. I love him with all my heart and i' d do anything to make him happy. I am currently up visiting him to support him for this tug of war thing at college, it's super intense and there is this one girl quite blantenly hitting on him, and I want go day back off he's mine, but I don't know if I still have the right to like I used to... I feel like I'm dying. Like any moment my heart will stop and I will die, it gives me some comfort, the feeling that it might all be over soon. And I don't have to deal with all the pain and heartbreak anymore, because then I'd be dead.

Distance can really mess up your head and drive you a little bit crazy and that's probably how he feels just now. when things change and it changes so drastically from him being able to see you to him not being about to do that easily then you know of course that's going to hurt and confuse him and make him second guess things. it's happened to lot of us here, hell i'd even say all of us because change is really hard, and even without that change the distance is still hard. If a girl is flirting with him, talk to him about it. If he feels confused about how he feels, yet again talk to him about it. Communication is without a doubt the most important thing in a ldr, and without it your relationship will fail. if things are bothering you, talk to him, believe it it may be scary, but everything will be so much more clear when you do.

Just take a step back and breath, gather your confidence and talk everything out
    my girls <3

Josie (SO)
    Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
    Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
    Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
    Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
    Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
    Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
    Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
    All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

Hey there

Getting into a new situation is not always easy, and doing long distance after living close to each other might add something up to it, because suddenly things that you could do whenever you liked to before get limited to the times when being able to meet. Yet an advantage is that you know how you get along in person, that you have memories to cling on and don't have to overcome the time when needing to meet for the first time and so on and fearing it could not work out or something. And even if it is long distance now on the other hand it is only a few hours that you can overcome with meeting regularly at weekends or so.

If he just left recently and moved away for college he has many new things to deal with so it is normal to get confused about stuff, being overwhelmed by the new experience and getting used to it to find a rhythm to it. I would say what he said is an expression of how insecure he feels right now with the physical separation, also when he is still as young as you. Still it is something you both can work on, like with the meetings, with keeping contact through the other times, with sharing what you do, think, what is going on in your days and so, just like you did before. And with looking forward to see each other again soon.
      Stay strong, it is possible and even if it might be hard now and then spending time together again feels like bliss and is worth it if you both are into it and really want it

To the topic with the other girl, as long as you and your boyfriend are still committed to each other your "rights" don't fade at all and she should accept that. What does your boyfriend say to her behavior?

And again, if you are really hurting that bad, are there any friends around or family who can give you support and comfort? There is always a way to find a solution together, also for the pain that you can learn to deal with and make smaller as well when concentrating on the positive things you still have and can look up to

All the best!

Comment

I'm going to be the realist here.....Your boyfriend's world has opened up. You need to let him explore it.

I'm staunchly against long distance Teen / College relationships because opportunities and circumstances are in such flux... That is the time to explore the dating market and pursue new experiences.

People go through growth periods. 17-21 is one big one and 21-25 is another. We are different people at the beginning and end of those ages.

The High school relationships that become long term marriages are those where both people can grow apart, but grow independently in the same direction and then reconnect as better adults.

Give him room to grow. Work on growing yourself. Check in with each other occasionally. Stay friends. If it is gonna work long term, it will be there in 4 years.

Comment

Yeah so I tried to talk everything out. Drove up three hours to do it. And found another girl naked in his bed... so hurt and heartbroken, and honestly disgusted. He is no longer the man I fell in love with, i dont know who he is anymore.

Comment

Yeah so he was cheating on me... found out this past weekend when i drove up to support him for this tug of war game, he broke uo with me over text (even though i was in town) and then when I went to go get my stuff from his dorm the next day there was a naked girl in his bed waiting for him.

Comment

Working...
            X