X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same Conversations

Hi, everyone!

--

So I'd like to begin by informing you all that I am here for a school project, in which I am doing a visual ethnography on online communities. I picked this community because I'm also in a LDR and was interested in this website myself when I stumbled upon it.

I'm observing the way people communicated with each other and how a community can provide support, encouragement, and advice based one experience and thought.

Everyone will remain anonymous so no worries, but let me know if this feels intrusive because I can stop and pick a different community.

--

Now about my problems... I met this guy in New York but had to go study abroad for school in Paris. He is a few years older than me and already graduated. I went to Paris for a few months and he came to visit me towards the end of the semester. We were talking/facetiming everyday that we were apart and before he left back to Philly (from Paris), we decided to be in an exclusive relationship.

He now lives and works in LA and I'm in NYC so we only see each other once a month for a week straight, and every time we see each other and separate, it's very fresh but after a while it becomes really hard to talk about the same things over and over. I feel like sometimes I say things that bore him.

How do you keep things fresh? Not repetitive and not feeling like your boring your s/o. Am I just feeling this way or is it just something happens to people naturally?

Let me know what you guys think and some tips to keep it steady if that's where you are right now.

Thanks, guys!

Finding things to talk about is something that everyone really struggle with honestly. I've found through all of my ldr's there have been points here things feel weird because we dont have stuff to talk about, and then even when i've tried to make topics to talk about it feels forced and not natural. Finding that in between place where you can bring up topics is hard but you'll find when you do find something to talk about conversation can flow pretty easily.

The easiest way to keep conversations interesting is to just bring up topics you both like, and i don't mean go into extreme detail over his favourite hobby, maybe even sending him a funny video will do the job. It's gotten to a point where SO and I mostly through stickers on facebook and send each other cute cat videos haha. If you are struggling with that though, then there are loads of different things you can try from questions to ask each other to the list on this site with things for you guys to do together. with time you'll fall into a rhythm and yeah it can be hard to find that but it will definitely happen
    my girls <3

Josie (SO)
    Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
    Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
    Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
    Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
    Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
    Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
    Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
    All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

Hi,
      If you go to the main site you will find a list of all the activities you can. Do in a long distance relationship.
      I’ll leave the link here
      https://www.lovingfromadistance.com/...drcouplestodo/
      Number 3 on the list is questions to talk to your partner about. I found it extremely useful.

Comment

Sometimes it's repetative and sometimes talking to your parnter is really boring. But then again it's like that in close distance couples. I've noticed that reading an article or watching a movie has been a good conversations starter when feeling repetative.

Comment

Working...
        X