Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I continue....

This is my first post...

I am currently in a long distance relationship with a high schooler. He is currently a junior. I am a college student. The distance is hard..... so many moments I wish I could share with my significant other. I feel like I am losing the patience and can't continue anymore. You see the only problem came along during his Thanksgiving break. I waited four months to see my significant other. Three months before his arrival he decided he was going on a trip to Washington DC with both his parents. When he told me this through text I felt heartbroken. I got mad but decided to talk it out with my significant other. He told me it was going to be fine that we were going to see each other before he had to get on his plane to leave to Washington. We saw each other. I had to wake up at 5:30 am drive to his house pick him up. We had breakfast and only two hours to make up all the four months we didn't see each other. We barely talked during his trip. And I understand he was having quality time with his parents. One day before Thanksgiving I came to the conclusion that I couldn't do this relationship anymore. I texted him a long paragraph and told him how I felt about the relationship and that during his December break I was leaving and maybe not seeing him for a whole month. I was furious he was furious and we ended the relationship. The next morning he texted me that he was not giving up yet. That he still had hope and that when he returned we were going to talk about it. I waited. Like I always do. He told me to pick him up at 10:30. He didn't text me back until 11:00 and told me he was late but still willing to see me. I had made plans with my sister that night. We had a party and we were at the party when he texted me. I was upset. He told me he still wanted to talk but that his parents were not lending him the car so I had to go pick him up. I did. I didn't care about the fact that I had to drive about 30mins to see him and talk about it. We talked about not seeing each other during December which meant we were not seeing each other until March. He told me he didn't want to continue the relationship if I was leaving and he was going to be in town during December. And I wasn't willing to leave a 10-month relationship. We decided to move on our differences and that I wasn't going on my holiday trip to have time with my boyfriend. This is not the first time I don't go on trips to see my boyfriend. I am just not sure if he is willing to do that for me. He always seems to go on trips and I stay in town waiting. I don't know if I am wrong but I sometimes feel like he can be selfish. I really LOVE the relationship I have with my significant other. But I am not sure if I am willing to continue if he is not willing to put effort.

Hi. It seems like you are always putting in more effort than he is. Obviously you love him so I do not blame you for this. My advice is to tell him this exactly. That you feel you are putting in more effort and would appreciate if he did the same. If he doesn't understand or argues this with you, you need to rethink the whole relationship and decide weather or not you want to continue in a relationship like this. Best of luck!

Comment

Working...
    X