Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very conflicted and not sure what to do?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very conflicted and not sure what to do?????

For about 7 months now, my boyfriend and I have been dating long distance. We have never met before but that will change in the summertime. I am hoping that we can close the distance when I go to college next year, but out- of- state tuition is so expensive and my family can not afford that right now, but I really want to make this relationship serious. Some solutions is that I live on my own and go to community college where he is living. I am not sure how my parents would feel about this one. My parents do know about him. I have some money saved up, so I would be able to pay rent (hopefully), but also I worry that I will have to work so much that I won't even have the time to hang out with him. My other solution is that I stay here in California, go to a community college for 2 years and then go to a university over there for my last 2 years. The only worry is that I might be in debt with student loans, because I will have to pay out- of- state tuition still and I don't really want to wait 2 years......

Try to do a budget. Write down your expenses versus the money you own and have saved. Living by yourself is more expensive than you can imagine. Also if you have to work more while studying, it might affect your grades, which might have an impact on your entrance at university. I don't know how it work in the states, but it's how it works in canada.

Moving to his state while having never met him before is a big gamble. As much as you know a person online, you don't know how it will be face to face (and it is pretty different than skype or facetime). If it doesn't work, you are stuck in a state you moved to only for a man. I would suggest staying with your parents and continuing to save as much as you can. There is nothing that prevent you to visit him during your vacations. You could also find a summer job there and stay with him until you go back to school.

I'm at university right now and when you will be there, you will be glad to have money saved. I'd rather have money saved than having to work while studying. It is intense and tiring.

Make sure you discuss of it with your parents as well.
    - I'll be waiting for you -

Started talking: December 2015
    First meeting: December 2016
    Second meeting: May 2017 - August 2017
    Third meeting: Septembre 2017 - January 2018
    Engaged: December 2017
    Fourth meeting: May 2018 - August 2018
    Fifth visit: December 2019
    Wedding: September 2019

Comment

Working...
    X