Forever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forever?

Last year I met my boyfriend on Tinder. I was a freshmen in college and he was a fifth year senior. Right off the bat I knew this wouldn't last long. At first our relationship was just sex. No strings attached. We would see each other maybe 2-3 times a week. The thing was though he was in an on and off again relationship. But at the time, I was only in it for the sex. We never formally talked about it but we both knew at the time.
    Once he graduated, this past spring, he went on a family vacation for three weeks so we didn't really talk much. I honestly thought that we were done. But I was okay with that because it was only sex. I do have to admit I did like him. But I told myself from the beginning this is only for sex (a ploy to protect myself). When he came home he texted me and me being me, we hung out a few days of him coming home. Ever since he texted me, we hung out pretty much every day last summer. It was crazy. I started to fall for him. We went up north together and when my parents left town, he would be there everyday. Both of us are really bad at communicating our feelings. We avoid that conversation but we both know we care about each other. We talk about the future and it looks so happy.
    By the end of summer he got a job down in South Bend, Indiana and I had to go back to school in East Lansing Michigan (2 hours away). To my surprise he (still) comes to visit, pretty much every weekend. We take turns, I go down to him then the next weekend he comes up to me. He pays for everything when we are together. We text and FaceTime everyday. Just this past holiday season, I went up north with his family for a week. He told me he loves me and see's a future.
    But whenever we are together he's very weird about his phone. Sometimes I can see him Snapchatting other girls. We haven't really talked about if we are or are not exclusive. I have been feeling really guilty about him being lonely down in Indiana. He hasn't said he's unhappy or anything but deep down I can tell. Or maybe I'm just in my head thinking the worst. Is this normal? I know we have to talk about our commitment sooner or later but I don't want to come off as crazy. I can see my future with him. I am currently a sophomore at MSU studying education. I have 2 more years of undergrad then right after I graduate I have a year of student teaching. After student teaching my plan is to move down there.
    Last edited by shashana; January 21, 2019, 06:15 PM. Reason: Topic on my mind

You HAVE to talk. You said it yourself you both are bad at communicating but if you dont work through that you'll struggle especially being long distance. He's snapchatting other girls clearly because he isnt taking you two seriously. You need to speak with him about being official instead of skirting around the issue. That you're confused that he tells you he loves you but is talking to other girls so clearly doesnt see you as a couple yet. Talk to him. If he doesnt want to be official with you then it isnt fair to have you hanging on and confusing you like that. Maybe he still sees you both just out for the sex and doesnt know your feelings either.

Comment

Working...
    X