Dealing with depression in our LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealing with depression in our LDR

My boyfriend and I both moved away from our families, and it has been really hard on him. He quit playing the sport that he loves, he is giving up on school, and he rarely leaves his room. He was diagnosed with depression and started getting help, but he has since stopped. My father died a few months ago, and I haven't been the happy person I used to be. The combination of our depression is having a very negative effect on our relationship, and I want to know what we can do.

I'm so sorry for your loss. You are grieving and need to go through the emotions that come with losing a loved one. Have you thought about going to a grievance councellor to talk about how your feeling?Maybe you should talk to your boyfriend about going back to getting help, maybe try somewhere different for it? Talking to someone does really help,
    Wishing you both all the best

Comment

Communicate with each other! I know its a common answer but honestly it is the only thing that will make a difference. Even if you see a therapist, it all boils down to communicating. Talk about how you're feeling and why. Explain your feelings with more details. If you think you are having too low of a low, get out of the house and do something together, even if its just going to a park, or on a hike, or to the movies or ice cream or even just a drive. When you get extremely sad think of how happy he makes you and why you love him and TELL him, that will improve both of your moods and lift your spirits I'm sure. I'm sorry about your father. Best wishes!!!
      California- Alabama
      Relationship began: April 4, 2017
      First visit: Alabama: April 4-8, 2017
      Second visit: Alabama: August 22-30, 2017
      Third visit: Alabama: December 9-19, 2017
      Fourth visit: California: May 25- June 4, 2018
      Fifth visit: Alabama: September 15- 26, 2018
      Sixth visit: Alabama: December 18, 2018-January 3, 2019
      Seventh visit: Alabama: April 2-10, 2019

Comment

Working...
      X