Exam stress making everything worse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exam stress making everything worse

My boyfriend & I both have really serious exams coming up this month so we won't be able to see each-other until they are done (around mid-June).
    We were last together a couple of weeks ago but its going to be the longest time we've been apart from one another & both of us are massively struggling with coping. I have so much stress about my exams but I'm also missing him so much & I'm struggling to balance my time between work & talking to him.
    I just feel like my emotions are everywhere; he went out with his friends clubbing tonight & I feel so guilty because I'm upset that we can't talk, I know then this makes him worry about me which ends up ruining his night.
    Sorry I'm not too sure what advice I can be given but some reassurance that it will all be fine might be nice
    S x

just try to live forward to the moment you see each other again. set a date and work towards that. it will help u stay motivated.
    It is normal that u feel like this. Thats what stress is about but be aware of how you react and behave in those moments.
    This period will end and you will feel better. its a matter of time.

try to find your distraction, have a good rest and focus on your exams. It will be good!
    Goodluck with your exams

Comment

Ah, I'm in the exact same situation right now!

The ways my boyfriend and I cope during the exam period:

- We try to organize our days in an efficient way, time-boxing every task/goal with little coffee breaks when we text each other. At the end of the day, we have an idea of how many lessons/exercises we have left to do (25, 50, 75%) and organize the next day accordingly.
      - We call each other every evening to debrief the day, vent and have a laugh together. It's the "prize" you've been working for all day long
      - We also go to the gym, go for a run... exercize is excellent to reduce anxiety. And you sleep better too

If one of us goes clubbing/to a house party, we've agreed not to text too much and let the other person have fun on their own. It's a matter of trust, and it's important to take time to reconnect with our friends.
      (Plus I know I'll hear all the party gossips afterwards )

But yeah, if I had to sum up in one sentence: FOCUS. ON. YOUR EXAMS. GUUUURL! You can do this!

Comment

Working...
      X