Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loving girlfriend losing feelings for me after just 3 weeks of LDR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loving girlfriend losing feelings for me after just 3 weeks of LDR?

Hey everyone! This is my first post on this forum because i dont know where else i could turn for help and support in this moment of desperation. Me and my girlfriend have been close friends throughout highschool and we've been dating for 5 months. I've had a crush on her for more than 3 years until i finally got a chance to be with her. Within those 5 months we had the best time of our lives and made so many great memories. We loved and cared for each other ver much. I am more than sure that the love we had was real as my girlfriend has been through many abusive and toxic relatioships before and that she truly knows the value of love. I did my absolute best to treat her right and i was happy that she could tell me no one has ever treated her or loved her better than i have and that after so many boys, i am the one for her. Unfortunately, i had to leave for college to Europe while we were living in Asia. She was so sad that i was leaving, the last few days she cried every single day until the day i left. For the first few days the LDR went well, she would talk to me and communicate while showing care for me and wanting to know about my day. Its been 3 weeks now and i slowly felt her lose interest in me. The texts were getting shorter, the calls were less frequent, and she didnt seem to care or show interest in me anymore. I confronted her about the problem and she told me that her feelings for me were fading away just because she couldnt be near me or physically close to me. I was devestated, she keeps on telling me that she doesnt want her feelings to fade or for us to break up but she cant help but think our relationship is hopeless (even though im visiting her in about 10 months). Im very devestated as i love her with all my heart and care for her very much. I just want her to go back to the way she was and to care for me again. Nothing i say can seem to change the way she feels about me. She says that there isnt anything wrong but that her feelings are fading because we cant physically meet each other. She says she will regret losing me forever as i am the perfect boyfriend in her eyes and that she wants us to be together in the future. I have made time for her, never cheated on her, respected her, and showed her how much i love her, but it still doesnt change a thing, she says that while she wants us to succeed, her feelings cant change. She has always been pessimistic about LDR and unfortunately admitted to me that her love is fading. Is it possible that im being to needy or smothering her with attention? What could i do to fix our relatioship? Any help would be appreciated guys.
    Thanks in advance!

I really struggled in the early days of my LDR too, even though I had been in one before.

We are currently going through a 10 month gap between our visits too, and it is so so tough. It absolutely sucks. We are both completely done with being apart, yet we still have another 14 weeks to go.

I found myself falling away from my SO in the first few months too, but as long as she is aware of it, she can fix it. I decided to really throw myself into the relationship, and spend as much time online together as possible to keep me close to him. I didn't feel like it when I started, but I got into it in time, and I'm so glad I did. It really is worth it, if she speaks so highly of you.

I think the slump in communication is normal when you seperate, because your mind is so focused on being sad, and it makes you retreat from everyone. The challenge is to keep fighting against it.
    My SO said to me that he had to "push back against the things telling me I am only deluding myself".

It is very hard, but there is hope if you can both be committed, determined and have faith in your relationship.

Comment

Wow... thanks so much for your answer AtlanticCrossroads you have no idea how much hope you have given me. Im gonna keep trying and if you can do it, im sure we can too! Good luck for your LDR and dont stop spreading hope!

Comment

I am in long distance relationship for almost 9 years now. Its because of work. My live in partner was very sad in our first parting. Its very hard but communication fill in the gap. Also trust and loyalty helps us both. It should me mutual.

Comment

Working...
        X