Just Started LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Started LDR

I just moved away to college this fall and my boyfriend is a senior in high school. I’ve been in college for about a month and he just came up to see me this weekend and it was great. We had a normal time together and nothing had changed. The problem is now that he’s gone I’m a mess. I’m genuinely so upset and I don’t want to be. I want to be happy that I just got see him for two days and we spent quality time together but I miss him so much. Like this is worse than when I initially moved away. I didn’t even cry when I left for college but this time I balled. I’m not nervous or worried about anything I know we’re not breaking up and he’s not going to cheat or anything. We both want to get married but I’m sad because it’s so hard. This is so painful.

You’re not alone in this at all. I just got to spend 12 hours with my boyfriend yesterday, did okay all the way through the day, then absolutely lost it on my 2 hour drive back home. And again this morning when I woke up, even though I get to see him again in only a week this time. It hurts. So badly. The emotional hangover and the heartache is overwhelming, but it’s worth it.

Comment

This is how I usually feel.

What helps me is to know when you are next seeing each other and create a countdown using any one of the many apps available, then you can focus on the next time and start to plan that together
      Met: November 2011
      Started Dating: 5th August 2019
      Next Meeting: 17th March 2020

Comment

I feel that way too. This is my first time doing this and sometimes I’m wondering if I’m doing this right!

Comment

Working...
        X