Sad all the time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad all the time

I have been doing long distance with my boyfriend for a little over two months now and we seem to do fine most of the time. I do find myself getting overly sensitive to jokes he says and when I don't have plans and he does I get very bad FOMO and cry myself to sleep. I'm not like this and I know it is just the distance that is doing this to me. I try and get into a routine but find it so hard to get myself out there because I'm not going to be with the person I actually want to be with. If there is any advice please help. I'm scared that my sadness will ruin our relationship, or turn into depression.

I feel the same way in my LDR but how I cope with it is I talk to him about it. I tell him how I feel. He normally reassures me that I don’t have to be sad and that he loves me. Tell him all about your insecurities, it may make you feel better. Also if you try to do more activities like going out with your friends, it may make him miss you even more. I know I find myself missing him when I have nothing to do so I do something I enjoy, and you said it’s been a little over two months. Don’t worry your just getting started, it feels depressing sometimes but as long as y’all love each other that’s all that matters and you’ll get through it!!

Comment

I can relate, especially when I have nothing to do and my SO is busy with something. The best thing you can do for yourself is to find something to occupy your mind, like a hobby, and surround yourself with friends and family. For me personally, writing has really helped me! I write about my day, how I feel, my SO, my job, family, friends, etc.. It really helps alleviate all of the emotions I have so that way when I do get to talk to my SO, all of those feelings aren't as heavy. Obviously talking to your boyfriend about how your feeling is a must but if you can kind of get those out before you talk to him about it you will be able to move past that conversation quicker and just focus on talking about other things, if that makes sense.

LDR is not easy by any means but as time goes by, you will be able to cope with the distance better.
      ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Comment

You definitely need to have your own lives outside each other. If you don’t you’ll end up resentful when the other is out doing something. I used to make my now husband “open when letters” when I needed something to do.
        The thread with ideas is here

https://members.lovingfromadistance....pen-When-Ideas

I found the creative outlet was great for me.

Comment

I believe this is a very normal thing to go through. We've all heard the "you just need to communicate" and although it's true as annoying as that sounds, I find myself going somewhere to keep my mind busy if my boyfriend happens to be doing something that I wish I could be doing with him. I do some shopping therapy just to keep my mind busy. I'm sorry you cry to sleep sometimes...I try to make sure we tell each other goodnight before bed just as some closure for the night until the next day. I hope this helps a little. Wishing you the best

Comment

Working...
          X