Struggling this time around.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Struggling this time around.

I need some advice or comfort? with this long distance struggle. My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 6 years now. We started long distance for the first two years of our relationship. After the first two years I graduated with my associates, I decided to move out of my hometown to move in with him in California where he was going to school. We lived together for about three years and during the third year I began continuing my degree. He recently graduated and found a job 7 hours from where we were living. And now we are forced to go long distance again. I have about two more years left until I'm done with my degree. I've looked into transferring to a university closer to him but they are located in areas that are far more expensive than where I am now. We are able to see each more frequently than the first time we were long distance, but this time feels so much harder. I've even debated dropping out of university to be with him but I know I would regret it later if I did. I feel so conflicted and lost. I miss him so much.

First of all I can understand that after living together for 3 years this is hard.
    My advice: DONT drop out of school!!
    It will allow you, once you , to have a job that you really like.
    Plus it’s a good thing for your future with him.
    I am in school too and my hearts says many times that I want to drop out.
    But I know that I have to hold on and that it’s helping me and him in the future.

Are there any sports or hobbies you can do, so you are distracted from missing him a bit?
    Try to keep in mind that LDR isn’t forever. You have two more years, after that the distance is over.
    Try to visit him as much as you can or vice versa.
    Plan date nights on distance where you both watch the same movie or episode of a tv show.
    Have dinner together on distance or whatever.

My bf is working as a guide and is gone almost every week for a few days.
    We can’t text or call during that time so we made the agreement that we always videocall the day before he leaves and on the day he comes back home.
    These videocalls are planned and I like that. We both keep our promise on it and we both make time for each other to have that call.
    Which means that we are not distracted and we have as much time as we need.
    Maybe you can make a kind of agreement like this so that you have set dates for a call without distraction.
    It really helps me in making that missing feeling a bit less.

Keep your head up! It’s hard and it’s sad but you can do it!

Comment

I just want to say first, do not drop out of school! I just graduated college and it's a great feeling of accomplishment to have. You deserve to have your own successes just like he has with his new job. LDR's are hard as it is. And you had a taste of finally being with him to only see him go away again... but again, it isnt forever. In the meantime, I think you and your bf should make specific times throughout the day that are designated for you both. Maybe send each other hand written letters so you both can have something tangible and can look forward to something while you both wait.

We are here for you if you need a little comfort, always.

hugs ��

Comment

Working...
      X