College LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

College LDR

Hello. My bf is leaving today for college in a different state up north. I am absolutely heart broken. We are in a healthy relationship and I have no doubts about us at all. I’m just extremely depressed and overthinking. I guess I’m just here to not feel like I’m alone. We are so close and usually spend almost every day together so this is going to suck. We are a physical couple and enjoy each other’s presence. Any tips on how to cope? I’m absolutely distraught.

Welcome! You will find all of the support you need here in this community! Lots and lots of virtual dates, facetime, and texting! With time you will find your grove with the distance, it does suck but it'll start to sting a little less as you move through this phase of your relationship. Being in a LDR has been a blessing in disguise for me. Of course I would prefer to be closer to him but this has taught me the ways of communication lol, something I used to be terrible at. Also, I have been able to know my SO on a different level, know his quirks, understand him on a more deeper level than any past relationships.

Communication is more frequent in a LDR so there is nothing more to do (other than virtual dates and playing games together) than talk about any and everything! It sounds like you already have a strong foundation which is a great start! Have faith, always remain patient and positive, and communicate your wants/needs and what you expect from him now that distance is a thing for you.

Also, it is SUPER important to have a life outside of your relationship. You cannot let him BE your life, rather than a part of your life.
    ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Comment

Working...
    X