Girlfriend of 3 years is considering ending it due to long distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girlfriend of 3 years is considering ending it due to long distance

So, I am in college and part of NROTC. I am going to eventually commission as an officer in the Navy. Obviously the long distance distance will continue after college. She is having trouble with her home environment and is very depressed. I feel powerless being far away and being almost too busy to give her the attention she needs. She also doesn't seem to want to improve herself such as working or trying to get a drivers license so we can visit more often. Any advice or similar experiences?

Originally posted by Jason View Post
    She also doesn't seem to want to improve herself such as working or trying to get a drivers license so we can visit more often.
    Do you know the reason behind this other than her feelings of depression? I'm assuming this would be the underlying cause. Does she see a therapist? This might be beneficial not only for her, but for you and your relationships as well.
    ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Comment

Honestly, I'm not sure. She is happy and her depression seems to subside when I am with her but her motivation to better herself never really changes. She says she wants to get a job and license, but she gets defensive when I ask about it and she says that I will see it in her actions. Her home environment is rough but not too bad, overall her parents just are not that supportive and they have financial issues. I feel like I am the only one that supports her but that also puts me in a position where I am the only one nagging at her about things. She doesn't really care for the idea of therapy because she is a very devout christian so she believes human solutions won't solve the issue but I open to different methods. Financially it may be an issue but i think its worth a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
        .....She doesn't really care for the idea of therapy because she is a very devout christian ....
        Are there any Christian based therapists in her area?

Comment

She lives in Houston, so I'm sure there is at least one.

Comment

Yeah, I think it`s a good idea to apply to psychologist, maybe he could help. Being in long-distance relationship is quite hard.

Comment

I was having trust issues with my husband sometime ago, thanks to a friend of mine who recommended me to #MALLWEBTECH_ on instagram, who assisted me to hack and spy on his cell phone with no delays. He's really an expert as they said.

Comment

Working...
              X