Break up? Advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Break up? Advice please

I’ve been very busy with school and am under a lot of stress with final exams and projects. For the past month it feels like my boyfriend and I do not have enough time to talk and when we do it seems like he puts me down a lot. It’s not helpful when I talk to him and it seems like he just tells me all of the things I can be doing better. I know that he probably jus wants to help me be better but it’s kind of a lot when all I hear from him are things I’m not doing good enough. I do appreciate it so much when he has helpful feedback when I share things with him…it jus I don’t know if he understands that sometimes it can come off as criticizing me.

Sometimes it makes me feel like he would rather be with someone else. I can’t tell if me feeling so bad about our relationship is due to stress and if this will pass and it will be easier when we close the distance?

Has anyone experienced anything like the? Or have any advice?

I don’t really want to breakup because I love him so much and he is my best friend. It’s just this feels like a lot right now and I’m needing support so I can focus and do well for our future. It just takes a toll of me to only hear about how I don’t look good enough or am not doing good enough when we do talk… it’s impacting my wellbeing.

what do you think?

thanks!

How often do you communicate? The only suggestion I have is to not contact him for several days and concentrate on your school work.

Your term should be about over for the year, isn't it?

Another idea is to go ahead and confront him about it. Tell him exactly how you feel with the way he is acting and that it is putting extra stress on you at this critical time in your schooling. If he gets the message, good! If he doesn't, at least you will know what you really mean to him.

Remember that open honest communication in an LDR is 1000000 times as important in a near-by relationship. Because that is all you have.

Comment

Hello. If I were you I would tell him about how you are feeling right now.
      In LDR there can be many misunderstandings and this could be just one of. them. Maybe he thinks he is supporting you and helping you by giving advise but it comes off as criticism. Besides, the stress and loneliness of the exams can also make you feel pessimistic about your relationship. I would tell him that sometimes you feel like he doesn't care anymore or that the way he is handling the situation isn't working for you, so he can adapt better. I'd like to think that he doesn't realize he is putting more pressure on you instead of helping.
      I hope it all works fine for you and your relationship improves once you have talked and exams are over.

Comment

Working...
      X