Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

big time difference- how do you cope/communicate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He and I have a 5 hour time difference. For about a week in the fall he had already had daylight savings, and I hadn't, so it was reduced to 4 hours. :P We're actually quite bad about a set schedule for communication. Usually I end up calling him on my way to work if it's the weekend, and on my way home before he goes to bed. We try to email back and forward throughout the day, and try to Skype at least once a week. Sometimes we have days where we don't get to talk much at all, and that's usually when he and I bicker a little bit.

Comment

It used to be a pain in the ass because he left for college around 3-6am my time, and then I didn't get home from school until 8pm his time. But now that I'm going to an online school, I try to sleep the same times as him, although at the moment we're really fucked haha. The last week he's been going to sleep right after I wake up, but I'm normally up for a while so we get plenty of time between when he wakes up and I go back to sleep. Plus it gives me time to work with no distractions.
      "You let me in your heart and out of my head."

Comment

Oh I'm also still trying to figure it out. 5 hours here. I manage my sleeping time to help

Comment

My SO and I are usually either 5 hours apart or 3, depending on the time of the year (because of different hemispheres and Daylight-savings). From April to October we're 5 hours apart and it's sucks a little on my end since sometimes I have to stay up late in order to talk to him. But from November to March we're only 3 hours apart which doesn't really bother us. However, I'm originally from Macau and I go there for my holidays. Whenever I'm there we're 12 hours apart. It's a lot but thankfully I'm on holidays so I can talk with him during my mornings which are his nights.

Looking for the future...

First Meeting: March 20 2016
          Got separated: August 2016
          Reunion: July 2017
          Officially together: January 2018
          ... And many meetings later ...

Comment

Working...
          X