X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he has to marry another woman

My SO is from Saudi Arabia, I am from Austria
    I went to Dubai to meet him.

There he told me, he has to marry a Saudi Woman. He tried everything to marry me, but no way.
    So, in 3 months, he will be married. But not with me

We still love each other so so soooooooo much

I cry and think " there MUST be a way for us "

Sorry if I'm a little ignorant here but why does he HAVE to marry another woman?

Notes:
    Met: 8.17.09
    Started Dating: 8.20.09
    First Met: 10.2.10
    Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

He probably doesn't 'have' to marry this woman but has a familial and cultural obligation to marry her. They may have been betrothed at an early age, there may have been a large dowry and/or a myriad of other things. Not to say I agree with that sort of thing but I'm just looking at it from what may actually be happening.

Comment

well i can understand there must be alot of cultural issues and boundaries but well if he loves you he just cannot marry another woman like that :/ i know saying that wont help you in any way, but i think he should be man enough to say no i suppose? and discuss things with you as to how he can come live with you at your place? what about trying a fiance visa? i know things will take time, but at least talk with him as to what you guys can do. ask what he wanna do?

Comment

He will probably get cut off from his family (financially and literally) if he doesn't marry this girl. Plus, a lot of it probably has to do with the (assuming I'm right) fact that you aren't Muslim.

And it would be a big ask for him to go over to you. If you two don't work out, he will still be in a rough situation with his family

Comment

His familly forces him to marry this other woman

Comment

Originally posted by Tooki View Post
              Plus, a lot of it probably has to do with the (assuming I'm right) fact that you aren't Muslim.
              This really shouldn't be a problem as Muslim men have the right to marry a non-Muslim woman (provided she's either Christian or Jewish). I'm pretty certain many members of the Saudi royalty have married "Western" women.

The thing is, and I'm not saying I know this for a fact, but in Saudi culture the first wife (because they can marry up to four women) has to be a proper Saudi.

Anyway, alNimsa, I'm really sorry to hear what you're going through You can PM me if you want to talk about this.
              I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

If he absolutely has to, and there's no way out, then there's really not much you can do. I'm sorry , what a terrible spot to be in. I can't even imagine :/

Met online: 1/30/11
                Met in person: 5/30/12
                Second visit: 9/12/12
                Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

It's a cultural thing. People don't get to say no, they only get to say 'I do' to a person their parents have chosen for them. I have read stories of people who've had an arranged marriage and they've said that they didn't love their spouse but after being together for years they've started to love each other eventually.

I can't imagine how hard it must be for him (and for you) to marry someone while in love with another woman. It's just wrong. I'm so sorry

Comment

Sorry for not being in this forum for such a long time!

We finished our relationship, and the end of our relationship also ended our friendship. I am reallly sorry for the end of your relationship AND our friendship, but its so hard to be a friend with your ex

Comment

I'm so sorry, alNimsa, that's sad to hear. I hope you feel better soon and wish you the best of luck.
                      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

So sorry to read that. I hope your heart heals soon (hugs).

Comment

I'm sorry it had to be that way. These are one of the things we cannot control.
                          I hope you feel better soon. You have our support.

Joined in 2012. Restarted in 2017!

Comment

I know I'm new and don't know you, but I am truly sorry to hear that. I hope you'll be feeling better soon, but these things do take time to heal. Best wishes!

Comment

Oh, god, I'm so sorry to hear this. ]: Everything will be okay in the end but, for now, you have every right to be unhappy D:
                              "If you get hungry enough, they say, you start eating your own heart"

Comment

Working...
                              X