I got my residence permit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my residence permit!

Well, my SO and I got married in february of this year. After that it was really easy to get my residence permit here in Germany, I just needed to pay the fee. I dont remember exactly how much it was, but I am certain it was less than 100 euros.

We got married in Dennmark (long story..) even though we live in germany, so I needed to send our marriage certificat for the brazilian embassy in dennmark to get a stamp. just so i can send to the brazilian embassy here in germany with thousands (ok, dozens) of other papers to get it recgnize in Brazil (where I am from). all that to be able to have my new name recognized in Brazil so I can have a new passport (I need a new one anyway, mine is only valid until november of this year, so i might as well get it with my new name, right?).

So I have an appointment to go to the brazilian embassy september 25th. I hope it will get ready on time. Beind married to the love of my life has only this small downside, the mountains of paperwork needed to be done. after i have my passport and have all the papers back from the brazilian embassy here in Germany, I will still need to show the paper they will make in a courthouse in Brazil. I can't wait for the day when no paperwork will be required anymore (regarding our marriage, I mean. I know there will always be paperwork in life.)

Anyhow, this was just a quick update. Now I am in the process of planning our religious wedding in Brazil 1st of february of 2014. This should give me enough time to plan it from a distance.
    our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

What an exciting update! Congrats and I'm glad everything is going well. Have fun planning your religious wedding in Brazil!

Comment

Congratulations

Is there a reason the religious wedding isn't happening sooner? I mean a year and a half sounds like a long time to plan one.

Oh, and good for you, picking my birthday for it
      I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Hey congrats I'm jealous of how easy it seems over there lol
        Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Congratulations andd yet more inspiration that LDRs can and do work
          ~McNab

My Story
          Met first time (in person) October 2011
          Unofficially together since November 2011
          Officially together February 2012
          First visit (me to her): 25 Feb 2012 - 22 March 2012
          First visit (her to me): 28 Dec 2012 - 11 Jan 2013
          Broke up January 2014
          Got back together June 2016

Comment

Congrats! I;ve just helped organise a wedding that will be here, I cant imagine the stress of organising one long distance. Hats off to you!

Comment

That sounds great! I'm so happy for you!!!

Comment

Very happy to read this!!! congrats Engel
                Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
                And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
                ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Congrats, that's fantastic!

P.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoThree View Post
                    Congratulations

Is there a reason the religious wedding isn't happening sooner? I mean a year and a half sounds like a long time to plan one.

Oh, and good for you, picking my birthday for it
                    because I want to make it on the anniversary of the day we got married in the courthouse, or as close to that as possible. as it was on february, this next february would have been too soon, and i want all the paperwork done way before the religious marriage. i have anxiety problems and there is only so much i can handle at a time.

also, i am on a diet, so i hope i will be looking better on a wedding dress in a year and a half from now. lol
                    our story.

sigpic

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
                      Hey congrats I'm jealous of how easy it seems over there lol

It is not that easy, but the most complicated part is over by now. putting all the papers together was the hardest part. and being anxious to see if everything was indeed right, even having checked a thousand times i was still afraid i messed up somewhere. ugh.

But not the papers to have our marriage validated in brazil as well were sent and i will get them on the 25th of september, the same day i will go to request my new passport (that will be ready in one or two months after that date)
                      our story.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Engel View Post
                        because I want to make it on the anniversary of the day we got married in the courthouse, or as close to that as possible. as it was on february, this next february would have been too soon, and i want all the paperwork done way before the religious marriage. i have anxiety problems and there is only so much i can handle at a time.

also, i am on a diet, so i hope i will be looking better on a wedding dress in a year and a half from now. lol
                        Makes sense Good luck with everything.
                        I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Aww congratulations! I envy you. Good luck to both of you

Comment

Congrats! I know this is a little late, but I'm procrastinating writing a paper, so why not spread some love?

Hope life is well!
                            "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

Working...
                            X