• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GloLo

may I recommend this book?

The Globalisation of Love

Wendy Williams

If you’re cohabiting with or married to a partner from a different country, race, religion or culture, then this book will appeal to you.

The Globalisation of Love, or 'GloLo' as it’s becoming known, shines a jovial light on the little, and not so little foibles afflicting mixed match romances in modern times.

Canadian author Dr Wendy Williams (who lives in Vienna with her Austrian husband) dissects contemporary GloLo relationships and analyzes the difficulties couples face, particularly if they decide to formalize and cement their rainbow union.

For anyone thinking that love and lust will overcome all obstacles then this is essential reading. Alternatively, if you’re scratching your head and wondering why the path of true love is not running smoothly, then Dr Wendy might just be your fairy godmother.

In this day and age with so many of us living, working and travelling all over the globe, the likelihood of marrying our childhood sweethearts is exceedingly remote and expats in particular will knowingly attest to this fact.

As a Gentile, married to a Jew, and the veteran of numerous hostilities with my beloved’s matriarchal old dear, I thoroughly enjoyed the tone of this book and recognized many of the real issues Williams describes in an educated, but light-hearted manner.

Star-crossed lovers need not be put off. The Globalisation of Love is not a book about doomed amour, look upon it more as an instruction manual with amusing anecdotes by someone who’s been there, done that and knows from experience that true love (with a bit of good advice) can conquer all.
    The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.

Carl Jung (1875 - 1961)

Thanks!!

If you have a Kindle, and you're an Amazon Prime member, you can borrow it for free in the Kindle Owner's Lending Library
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I definitely thought you were talking about BET's Wendy Williams. And I was like "she writes??!!"

Comment

^Same here. I also thought "no way I'm reading that!"

Thanks for the recommendation, Carenza. I'll definitely look into it
        I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Working...
        X