No announcement yet.

Where did you meet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love that this has turned into a photo-thread!

Originally posted by CynicalQuixotic View Post
    I haven't been able to find anything in New York that even comes close to equaling it, and New York is an incredibly diverse city. I can't wait to go back! I'll take a bite for you.
    Yes! Take a bite for me. And then wander around the Marais for me.
    The only time I had a more delicious falafel was in Israel, but I'm surprised NYC wouldn't have anything comparable! Bamako definitely does not, just in case you're wondering

Originally posted by Dziubka View Post
    So far we don't have anyone who met their SO in their own country. What's up with that?
    Here's my non-scientific theory, most of us on here are women and, in my experience, women are more likely to do solo-travel abroad or move abroad. Just what I've seen in my travels/life abroad.

Comment

We met online

But this is where we had our first (and second) visit.

Notes:
      Met: 8.17.09
      Started Dating: 8.20.09
      First Met: 10.2.10
      Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Originally posted by mllebamako View Post

Here's my non-scientific theory, most of us on here are women and, in my experience, women are more likely to do solo-travel abroad or move abroad. Just what I've seen in my travels/life abroad.
        Here is my theory...Guys are wimps. When they are sick and turn into 5 year olds who need all your attention. How would they survive getting sick while being away from home? Also women can't drive.

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
          Here is my theory...Guys are wimps. When they are sick and turn into 5 year olds who need all your attention. How would they survive getting sick while being away from home? Also women can't drive.
          jejejeje

I'm sure the sarcasm will stop eventually, but I'm sure enjoying it!

Comment

I met my SO in my country(USA) while he was visiting a mutual friend who then introduced us. I wish a had a picture of the place we first met, maybe I'll take a picture next time we visit it.

Comment

I wanted to post a picture too, but the system didn't let me because I am a new member so it said something like new members need certain number of posts before being able to post links.

Anyways, we met at El Prat airport in Barcelona.

Comment

We met wile both being exchange students, so far away from our own countries!

Comment

On Facebook, of all places. But in person...

Comment

We met in my So's country - Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                      I don't think I've ever heard the word "love" and "airport" in the same sentence before

That'd be like saying "I love the DMV!"
                      Hey now, what's wrong with the DMV?

More seriously, flying to Helsinki was pretty much the first time I traveled by plane, internationally, and by myself, so for me airports will always be these magical places where you always move towards something positive. Unless I'm going back home :P
                      I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by kteire View Post
                        We met at his friend's house, in his country and home town Cork, Ireland!
                        This is a picture of his friend's neighbourhood

O_o wow....you wouldnt get lost in the dark with those houses

Comment

We met in my country (Austria) - my bf was an exchange student here!

We met in this building - there is a student's bar downstairs!

Comment

we met in his country (Australia) while I was studying abroad there.

Comment

Met on an online social photo-blogging site.
                              February 2012 -- met online
                              August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
                              April 2013 -- met in person
                              June 2013 -- broke up
                              July 2013 -- back together
                              August 2013 -- 2nd visit
                              October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
                              April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

He found me on YouTube, we met on Facebook!
                                First met online: June, 2010
                                First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
                                Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
                                Third visit together: August, 2012
                                Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
                                Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
                                Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
                                Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

Working...
                                X