Visas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tooki View Post
    Another point to consider if you get the fiance visa, is that you won't need a student visa to study.
    I have never heard of this type of visa, I have heard of the marriage visa, but you can get one for being engaged?

Comment

Originally posted by Sabbi696 View Post
      Have you checked into a working holiday visa? I was going to go to europe on one of those..it's basically a visa you can get for up to 2 years..that allows you to work to fund your trip. You need certain things to qualify for it..a certain amount of money, your plane tickets and a passport that is valid throughout your entire stay..but it is worth checking into. I don't know if they are valid everywhere. I am thinking about doing that to be with my SO I finish college. And while he finishes up his degree.
      I'm pretty sure for a working holiday visa to the UK you have to be from Canada.

Comment

I have never heard of this type of visa, I have heard of the marriage visa, but you can get one for being engaged?
        Yes. We applied for a K-1 Visa (Fiance Visa) where it allowed my SO to move here (the US) and get married within 90 days of his arrival. Pain in the rear and it took about 8 months to complete.

Met: November 19, 2010
        Tim came to Texas: April 27, 2011
        Made it official: April 29, 2011
        Lori went to England: September 21, 2011
        Mini trip to Paris: September 22, 2011
        Tim popped the question: September 22, 2011
        K-1 Visa approved!: May 21, 2012
        Closed the distance!: July 26, 2012
        Got married: September 22, 2012

Comment

Yes, in fact a fiance visa is a must if you'd like to get married in the UK. But you must get married within 6 months after approval and you're not allowed to work in the UK during that time. So your SO should have enough funds to support you, or you need to have enough savings to support yourself.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
            I'm pretty sure for a working holiday visa to the UK you have to be from Canada.
            Americans are unable to get the WHV for the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
              Ah, maybe, I really didn't look into other countries besides Canada lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Tooki View Post
                Americans are unable to get the WHV for the UK.
                Well there goes what I said lol. But good to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Captivated View Post
                  Yes. We applied for a K-1 Visa (Fiance Visa) where it allowed my SO to move here (the US) and get married within 90 days of his arrival. Pain in the rear and it took about 8 months to complete.
                  Interesting. Sorry it took so long! I am excited for you

Comment

i can't say i know much about visas...as i have never needed one...but you should be able to do some research online or something...and see if you can figure something out..and take advice of the rest of the posters here...hope you get something figured out...

Comment

Working...
                    X