Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new to LDR, Need advise

hey lovers,

let me gv you some introductions before i proceed with my questions.

I met my bf in May this year, well we know each other few months before that
    We're started as friends online, sharing photography stuff and discuss about travel and things like that. so, we hv same interest and also we both work in the same field.

We are thousands miles apart, different language, different skin color, different belief. then, we meet in person and just hang out, take photo, went sightseeing and fall in love. But few weeks after that, he has to go back to his home.

I swear we are really in love, real love not just lust or desperate or nothing. it was real and he is a sweet, nice, romantic, caring, smart and active guy. we love to look each other in the eyes its just an amazing feeling and i really feel that he loved me too.

the problem now, we are too far from each other and we both busy with work.
    both of us are realistic, we try to stay in contact as much as we can and we plan for vacation together (just planning at the moment)
    but now he's getting more busy with his work in the office and his own private project ( he also mention it to me about the project)
    the good thing is, he didnt hide anything from me, he likes to tell me everything eventhou i didnt ask him to do that.

but because of the distance, now after few months being apart, our communications become less.
    he's always busy and stress because of his work and I cant be there with him when he needed me and vise versa.
    so, he decided that I should be happy and he will let me go if i found someone else.
    it hurts me because if he love me he should not let me be with someone else. and i cant even imagine him with other girl

what should i do?
    does he really love me? if he love then why he want to let me with someone else if he love me?

This sounds a little bit like my mate and I (with the whole 'I'll let you be happy if you find someone else') It doesn't mean he doesn't love you. He probably very well does but he is probably worried you aren't happy and if you do happen to find someone else he won't be possessive and make you stay with him since the distance is long and all the stress from work will cause some tension.

Point being, he is saying he wants you to be happy either way and he doesn't want to hold you back just in case you find someone else. If you ask me, that's a true gentleman and he obviously cares a whole lot about you if he says this.

Good luck.
    Long Distance Relationships
    Have An Urgency That Couples
    In Short Distance Relationships
    Can Only Dream Of

Comment

Hey, your love story sounds really awesome, i am really glad for you, that you have found someone so amazing as this guys. I am in a LDR myself (or i would really want to hope that i still am ) and I completely understand what this guy is trying to tell you, as i did similar things myself. You should not be worried at all, if you are still wondering if he loves you or not - dont worry, not only that he loves you, he cares about you more than anything else in this world, and he is ready to sacrifice something so valuable for him so you could feel happy, he doesnt want you to actually find someone else, he would be really sad and hearthbroken if you did, but he values his personal feelings much less when compared to yours. You guys will be a happy couple i know it, best of luck with your amazing LDR BF

Comment

Originally posted by Kobra View Post
        Hey, your love story sounds really awesome, i am really glad for you, that you have found someone so amazing as this guys. I am in a LDR myself (or i would really want to hope that i still am ) and I completely understand what this guy is trying to tell you, as i did similar things myself. You should not be worried at all, if you are still wondering if he loves you or not - dont worry, not only that he loves you, he cares about you more than anything else in this world, and he is ready to sacrifice something so valuable for him so you could feel happy, he doesnt want you to actually find someone else, he would be really sad and hearthbroken if you did, but he values his personal feelings much less when compared to yours. You guys will be a happy couple i know it, best of luck with your amazing LDR BF
        Hi Kobra - welcome to the boards. There is a lot of advice and threads to be read on here.

Before you respond though, you will want to look at the date of the post. This one was from 4 years ago.
        To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Originally posted by R&R View Post
          Hi Kobra - welcome to the boards. There is a lot of advice and threads to be read on here.

Before you respond though, you will want to look at the date of the post. This one was from 4 years ago.
          LOL, sorry for that, no wonder why i still got newbie rank

Comment

Working...
          X