Thanks for your input, summerstillhere.
    February 2012 -- met online
    August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
    April 2013 -- met in person
    June 2013 -- broke up
    July 2013 -- back together
    August 2013 -- 2nd visit
    October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
    April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

My other half didn't tell his friends and family for awhile, and I only told my 2 friends online at first, before we let more and more people find out. You're still new into your relationship, and it takes time for people to get used to it. You just need to have a little more patience, he probably doesn't feel the need to tell anyone just yet. He will once he's ready.

Comment

Besides my sis, I have told 2 of my closest online friends whom I've know for years. His best friend is going through a painful divorce right now and he feels that telling him about it, and how happy he is, would not be good form. I agree.
        June 2013 -- broke up
        August 2013 -- 2nd visit

Comment

He finally told them about me! They were getting suspicious -- asking why he went home early from their friendly get-togethers (poker and beach parties, etc.) when he was usually the last to leave -- so he finally 'fessed up!! They are picking on him a bit but overall happy for him and hope we work out!! YAY!!!!!!
          June 2013 -- broke up
          August 2013 -- 2nd visit

Comment

Congrats on him telling someone!
            I can relate to this, for the beginning of our relationship he told no one, and I got a lot of hassle from my family because I told everyone after six months. I remember one time saying I wanted to meet at least one of his friends, just so i felt like im more then just a computer, and he did, he introduced me to one of his friends who was so nice about it all, let me ask any questions about my SO haha was a fun 3 way chat. But still he hadn't told any of his family or anyone else really, after 2 years of being together he was going to visit me from the UK to the US. That when his parents found out, which turned out to be great. I think my SO was just worried they would disprove and wanted to meet in person to show that the relationship is real. But after he came back he had to keep quiet since his grandparents were living with them, I couldnt be announced and couldnt even post pictures of us on FB. But then one day he said heck with it, made us "in a relationship" together, everyone knows about us. And now a year later we're engaged! And his grandparents even were sweet about it all, so its worked out the way it was meant to.
            I love you Nathan <3
            sigpic
            5/25/09 <3

Comment

Wow! That is soooo cool!! So happy things turned out well for you and you both have approval from the family. Although it is a personal decision to go through an LDR no matter what family/friends say, it is still nice to have their approval.
              June 2013 -- broke up
              August 2013 -- 2nd visit

Comment

Working...
              X