No announcement yet.

just curious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We just use the date of our first kiss... if it wasn't for that I wouldn't have known which date to pick.
    It's not like we actually treat that as an anniversary anyway, I just like to have an idea of how long we've been dating. Besides, ... we have the date for our marriage now to use as an anniversary, not that we actually celebrated it. Both of us doesn't really find anniversaries a big deal anyway.

Comment

We don't have a date. There's no one day that we suddenly were in a relationship. It was a gradual process (actually it still is - our relationship isn't static, it keeps developing).

We use the day we met. Seeing as that's when it all began and we started going on dates and seeing each other quite often right away.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

We go by the date we said "I love you" to each other (he surprised me with it out of nowhere it seemed!). We had met online in February, chatted more and more often through the months. Then he said he loved me August 27th.
        February 2012 -- met online
        August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
        April 2013 -- met in person
        June 2013 -- broke up
        July 2013 -- back together
        August 2013 -- 2nd visit
        October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
        April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

My GF and I usually use the date when we 'officially' started dating, being the 29th of June 2011.

Comment

We disagree on our anniversary - he likes to date our relationship as starting from the day we met, I date it from when we started getting serious. We compromised on an exact anniversary date, but we don't really celebrate it. I think that's probably only something we'll celebrate when we've closed the distance.

Comment

thanks for the answers!

I guess we will officially be a couple after we met in person in January..... I mean, any thing could happen
              still a bit worried the 'online attraction' might not be there when we meet in person.

so.... I know him for about 3 years now, been fooling around since December last year, we went public in May but we will be a couple perhaps as from next January...

wow....... I need coffee...... haha
              The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.

Carl Jung (1875 - 1961)

Comment

We don't really have a date... when people ask us, we can say we've known each other for 2.5 years... or we first visited with each other 14 months ago... but it's all more complicated than that.
                First met online: June, 2010
                First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
                Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
                Third visit together: August, 2012
                Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
                Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
                Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
                Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

We use the date that we became official. I asked him to be my boyfriend, and he said yes so we use that date. September 17, 2010. It was a good day.
                  "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                  Made it official: September 17, 2010
                  Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                  Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                  Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                  Got married: November 21, 2012
                  Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                  Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

My SO and I use the date we agreed to be in a relationship..that was July 26th, 2010. We had been leading up to dating for a while before that though..but a clear date is always nice so you can celebrate your anniversary at that time of the year (:

Comment

We actually didn't have a specific "day" that it happened. He asked me to be his gf one time and I said no... and then later we just decided we were together. The only reason we have a "date" is because we chose an anniversary date so that we'd have a day to celebrate. :P In reality, we were together for a couple weeks before our anniversary date which is why we always say +1 on our month anniversaries. We just liked the date September 1st.
                      Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
                      Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
                      Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

We picked it, we had been talking for quite sometime, and then it happened that my younger sister was celebrting her 4th anniversary, so i asked him, how are we celebrating ours... and he went... well we call plan it all whenever you want but... when are we dpoing it, and then we tried to remeber WHEN it was we had started being couple. We couldn't BUT He said I met you the 24th of january, and Ive loved you ever since, so it was settled! 24th of january... and we met in the flesh theat same month just a couple of weeks before the date, so I think it's up to you two. I mean maybe for you its just as romantic as it was for me... and you agree on a date LOL or maybe just agree on what important even t to count from... up to you, and you can have some fun. Like L just learnt he was guessing when he said we met on the 24th of january, we KNOW it was around then (second half of january) but we didn't know the exact date. It works for us... So I don't see why it wouldnt work for others.. The important thing about anniversaries is celebrating your time together, and how happy you make eachother, so have one every other day

Best of everything to you and your LO

Comment

I think the best way to know is to talk to each other and discuss which day would be the best day.

Sometimes my girlfriend and I celebrate the day that we met (only a week before we established our relationship) but most of the time we use the day that I asked her to be my girlfriend. (: Sometimes she likes to remind me of the day of our first kiss but it's not as complicated for us because we met before we became a LDR couple.

Comment

We could've gone with the day we said we loved each other (late September), or the day we met in person for the first time (early December), but without a doubt our connection was established during August - and I think we both prefer having a summer anniversary to celebrate

Comment

Working...
                            X