X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US to UK visa question

Has anyone ever heard of this visa?

Partner of a British citizen or Settled Person

Has anyone ever tried to apply for it? It looks like if you can prove everything and you are at a distance (aka not prove that you have been living together physically for two years), you can still be together without getting married?????

You have to dig pretty deep in the UK Visa website to find it, but it's there. Thanks!

Please let me know if you have any information. Thanks!

It is called the UK Defacto Visa... anyone heard of it?

Comment

I have yes, Im working on putting my information together now for my finacee visa to actually get there, I have a friend who just recently married her man from the uk ive gotten all my information from her ... um heres one of the links i use tbh which has really only helped put my folder together but ill send u another link for an FLR ( final leave to remain ).
      I hope this helps. =]

https://londonelegance.com/transpond...as/fiance-visa

Everything ive learnt has been on that website and of course the border agency uk.
      If u have anymore qustions just message me, ill try my best to help!!

Good luck!!

Comment

https://www.ukvisaandimmigration.co....tners-visa.php

I just looked it up, im going for something different i believe.
        but i hope that link as a little helpful.

Comment

Thank you! I saw that website and wasn't sure how credible it was at first. But knowing someone else is using/recommending it gives me more confidence! This is amazing! Why don't more people use this visa? I really hope I qualify, I am so excited!

Comment

I found the one that you're talking about, and it doesn't talk about having to live with your partner beforehand. I've never heard of anybody getting it. On the very first page, it includes unmarried partners. However when you go to look at the "Can You Apply," it only mentions husband, wife, or civil partner. I recommend going to UK Yankee. The people there will know a lot more about the different visas.
            Also, the link that MeganK gave you is a very good source. If you go to the Transpondia facebook page, the people there might be able to answer your questions about this also. It's the same people in charge of that website.
            "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
            Made it official: September 17, 2010
            Got engaged: January 15, 2012
            Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
            Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
            Got married: November 21, 2012
            Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
            Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Working...
            X