This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need some tips to travel!

Ive been dating my bf for 4 months now through skype, he lives in Florida and im from Costa Rica, but its cheaper and easier for me to go there than for him to come here. My parents dont know about this, what can i tell them as an excuse to travel alone to Florida?? (Im 19)

I think you should tell them the truth, especially if you are going to meet your boyfriend for the first time. They should have all of his contact info in case there is an emergency. Just my opinion.

Comment

Yea I wouldn't leave the country and lie about it, what happens if you need to be contacted in an emergency or worst case scenario he is a serial killer and they don't know where you are.

Comment

Are you sure you'll be approved for a visa? Better look into that before you do anything.

Tell your parents the truth, you're traveling by yourself to another country, what if something happens to you? I don't mean your boyfriend doing anything necessarily, but what if you get sick, or break a leg, get in an accident, anything?
        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I agree with stephanieaz! I know your 19 and an adult & maybe feel that no-one needs to know why your going away, but travelling alone to another country to meet a guy you've got to know over the internet is a bit dangerous. I'm in my 40's and still tell my parents when I'm going out of the country just in case anything happens. Your parents really should know why your going out of the country my dear. Your safety is paramount, so please seriously think about what it is your intending on doing...

Started Writing - February 2010
          First Visit - September 2010
          Second Visit - June 2011
          Third Visit & His Release Date - February 2012
          Our Wedding Day - April 2012
          Submitted I-130 Visa Application - July 2012
          NOA1 - July 2012
          NOA2 - December 2012
          Fourth Visit - December 2012
          Closing The Distance - Watch this space

Comment

Thanks girls! U are all right