Changing clothes at airport......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing clothes at airport......

When I travel to see B (in Newfoundland) during Easter week, I plan on dressing comfy for the trip -- I'll be on planes and layovers for 12 hours. My last layover is 2 hours long and I plan on changing to something nicer/dressier for him and putting on my makeup.

Is that acceptable at airports? I don't want them to think I'm changing into a disguise of some kind and get detained by customs!
    February 2012 -- met online
    August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
    April 2013 -- met in person
    June 2013 -- broke up
    July 2013 -- back together
    August 2013 -- 2nd visit
    October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
    April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

change after you've cleared security etc. That's what I did last Christmas... no one even noticed let alone detain me or anything!

eta: changing after you've cleared security also allows you to be able to wear pretty jeweler y etc without setting off any detectors!
    First met online: June, 2010
    First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
    Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Third visit together: August, 2012
    Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
    Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
    Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

What Verojoo said. Once you're past security no one really pays attention. I think thats your best option so that you could be comfy and still look nice when you arrive. Twelve hours is a heck of a long time =/. Good luck and have fun with your SO!

Comment

After passing security there are always toilets before leaving the exit gates to meet your SO. I don't see there being a problem

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
          After passing security there are always toilets before leaving the exit gates to meet your SO. I don't see there being a problem
          Thank you all for the fast replies!! I don't want to have him waiting on me while I go change. I want to do it during my last layover before my final flight. Wouldn't I have cleared security by then or do I have to go through it again for each plane? Not sure I understand.
          June 2013 -- broke up
          August 2013 -- 2nd visit

Comment

Originally posted by Benni View Post
            Thank you all for the fast replies!! I don't want to have him waiting on me while I go change. I want to do it during my last layover before my final flight. Wouldn't I have cleared security by then or do I have to go through it again for each plane? Not sure I understand.
            Depends on your gates... but whether you have to pass through security again or not, you can just pass security then use the washroom on the cleared side during your layover. That's what I did at Christmas... I had to clear security and customs in Toronto then ran to the bathroom (I only had a 1 hour and 10 min layover) and changed before catching my connection! I'll probably do it like that again this year!
            First met online: June, 2010
            First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
            Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
            Third visit together: August, 2012
            Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
            Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
            Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
            Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

Originally posted by Verojoon View Post
              Depends on your gates... but whether you have to pass through security again or not, you can just pass security then use the washroom on the cleared side during your layover.
              Perfect! That's what I wanted to do!! Thanks bunches Verojoon!
              June 2013 -- broke up
              August 2013 -- 2nd visit

Comment

i dont recommend changing on the plane, it is so awkward in such a small toilet. i think i fell over a couple of times and then gave up and went back to my seat to weird looks from other passengers. But normally i plan on getting changed, but once i get to the my SO airport i get to excited and dont bother

Comment

Oh I have no intention of changing on the plane!!!! ahahahahaha!!
                  June 2013 -- broke up
                  August 2013 -- 2nd visit

Comment

I changed, fixed my hair and did my makeup on my layover. Just put your clothing and stuff in your carry on and pop into a stall at the airport restroom. I got a couple silly looks because I changed from pants into a dress, but I was quick and didn't hold anyone up. Best of luck and have fun!
                    Jacob&Heather

Met: June 2019
                    Dating: December 2019
                    First Meeting: April 2020 (Coming soon!)

"Simple as can be."
                    - Florida Georgia Line -

Comment

It's pretty common for people to change during layovers. At the airport in Dubai, they have showers in the bathroom in the transit area that were being used pretty frequently.

Comment

I'm actually planning on doing the same thing almost for this trip. I'm putting my nice boots (heels) and jewelry in my carryon and changing in the bathroom after I land. I'll be going from class, to the car, to the airport, to the plane, to my SO's airport. It'll be a crunch once I land because he always gets impatient.
                        ". . . We obviously have to come to accept it, but that doesn't stop it from gnawing at us day by day.
                        The best we can do is enjoy our time together, anticipate our reunions, and remain passionate and loyal through distance." ~Mike <3

~*~11.21.2010~*~

Comment

Thank you all for the great replies!! I know, for sure, how I'll do it now and not be rushed or worried.
                          June 2013 -- broke up
                          August 2013 -- 2nd visit

Comment

Working...
                          X