Holidays and such

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holidays and such

With Christmas getting closer and closer, I'm getting curious; what are you and your SO doing for holidays, such as Christmas and newyear, anniverseries and birthdays?
    My SO are lucky enough to have been able to spend atleast the days before last Christmas and for our birthdys
    We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

He's spending it with his family and I'm spending Christmas with mine!

Comment

For the second year in a row, I get to spend Christmas morning with my kids, then hop on a plane and spend Christmas night with him! I feel so lucky!! Next year hopefully he will come here!
      First met online: June, 2010
      First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
      Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
      Third visit together: August, 2012
      Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
      Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
      Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
      Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

He will still be working abroad and I will probably spend christmas and new-year's with my family, both our birthdays were in november, not long after we met and spent 3 weeks together so we already knew there was no chance to be together for that, he sent me a gift and I sent him a birthday cake, we talked on the phone as usual. I am actually very excited about valentines since it seems we will be closing the distance in early February so it will be our first holiday together.

We haven't had an anniversary yet and in fact we were a little confused about which date to use as anniversary, we ended up deciding that the day we kissed for the first time will be it (oct. 8th), so by then we will have been together for a while.

Comment

We do the same thing we would do if it were any other day of the year minus the recognition of what day it is "happy birthday, merry xmas" etc.

Notes:
          Met: 8.17.09
          Started Dating: 8.20.09
          First Met: 10.2.10
          Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

We won't be together for Christmas. I'll see my family on Christmas Eve and work on Christmas Day. He'll be with his family. We have yet to spend a birthday together either. But his was a couple weeks ago and I ordered him cupcakes at a place near his work for him

Met online: 1/30/11
            Met in person: 5/30/12
            Second visit: 9/12/12
            Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

We'll be spending Christmas in Ireland with his family, and then New Years in London! Haven't decided what we're doing on New Years yet but it's our 3 year anniversary of the night we met

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
              Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

My GF and I will be together for Christmas and New Years.

We will spend Christmas and New Years in Tallinn.

Comment

My SO has the work shift Christmas and New Years this year - so we get to spend the holidays together every second year.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                    I am actually very excited about valentines since it seems we will be closing the distance in early February so it will be our first holiday together.

We haven't had an anniversary yet and in fact we were a little confused about which date to use as anniversary, we ended up deciding that the day we kissed for the first time will be it (oct. 8th), so by then we will have been together for a while.
                    Fingers crossed for you guys closing the distance My SO and I had a bit of trouble deciding on a date too, but I wanted something concrete so we (a.k.a. I, my SO didn't really mind ) eventually decided on the day I first came over to UK to visit him
                    We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

We're spending Christmas and his birthday apart, but had spent my birthday together.

Comment

Christmas is going to be quite a difficult time. We can't be together this Christmas, and I'm going to be on my own while she spends time with her family. They really like me, and they're excited to meet me, and it's a little painful for me to be so far away during the holidays while they enjoy themselves. I wish I was having my first nice family Christmas!

Comment

Working...
                        X