This sounds so pathetic..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This sounds so pathetic..

If you've read my last post, you'll know that I've recently gotten out of a 2 year relationship with a wonderful man!(and we're still having contact)...
    and Right now, the half of me is trying to move on and hoping for something easier and closer along the way, and the rest of me can't let go and is thinking of ways we might get back together someday!... because we still love each other, and he says he'll always love me, it's just the **** distance!!... and we hope to be very lucky that we might meet each other someday, and that we would give a heads up if something happens. and since my economy is better, he said I was always welcome. the sad thing is he lives in Mexico and live in Denmark... allthough we both have families in California.

The only sort of hope I have right now for the future, is to when I turn 21(currently turning 18) or a little while before, and I finally can open up my life-saved bank account, so I could use them to either move nearby or travel over to him if he's still interested. I know, it sounds Crazy!..

but then again, if you read it, he's my first love. and before me, he didn't have a girlfriend since he was 17!(currently 22) and he says he don't want anyone else right now because of this..me too. we're not the kinds of persons who fall in love too easily... and when we do... we fall Hard!

I know this sounds very crazy! but of course you never know if it's god's desicion. but I just don't want to lose him for good!.. not only because he's my first love, but..Seriously...guys like him don't just hang on the trees!... he had All my qualifications of a future husband..

I know, I sound so pathetic...

Hello Amanda!!!
    I just finished reading your other blog, and it did make me cry (apparently I wasn't the only one having that reaction).
    All the while I was reading it, I kept thinking to myself, "Why on earth would these guys want to terminate such a nice relationship?"
    I'm not sure why you made such decision, but I imgagine you thought it was in the best interest of you both.
    It looks like you're having a really hard time with the letting go part, but it is just too soon -I believe- for you to tell if breaking up was the right thing to do.
    Maybe you should just give it some days...It's going to hurt, but once the pain has gone away, you'll be able to think with clarity.

What I would do is probably use the time to rethink the whole situation, and perhaps at some point you could both talk again and reconsider your decision.
    Oh, and most importantly...you don't sound pathetic at all... You just sound like someone who is genuinely heartbroken.
    I hope you start feeling better about all this soon.

I wish you all the best.

Comment

I'd like to start by saying that I'm really sorry that your relationship has ended, and I know it's difficult because he's your first love, but it HAS ended.

It's ended relatively nicely so far, but you've both left the relationship trying to be the 'good guy' - saying "I'll always remember you, I'll always love you"... Trying to hold onto that is going to make this harder for you.

In all honesty, the only way you're going to be able to heal up is by moving on. And that means accepting that the relationship is over. Holding out hope that you'll meet again in the future is just going to keep you holding onto him. And if he doesn't do exactly the same thing - which I think, seeing as he wanted to break up, he won't - it's going to get you more hurt and more disappointed in the long run.

I'm not saying that you guys will never get back together. I'm saying that if you live your life expecting that you will, you're going to hurt yourself, and probably lower the chances that you will. If you try to cling onto this and him, you're more likely to push him away than keep him.

I read your other post, saying that you want to stay in contact and want to be friends, but I think that trying to stay in contact with him now, while you still feel like this, is going to make you more sad. Because, as you said, you were angry with his decision, you wanted to stay together, and if you talk to him, and have a positive relationship, the 'why did he break up, why aren't we together?' is going to keep going through your head. And because you feel close to him, you're likely to say those things, in hopes that he will give in, and you two will get back together. In reality, if he's gone through the pain of breaking up with you in the first place, he has to be relatively serious about it.

I think you need to get further away from this relationship before you can think about these things. It's hard, and I'm so sorry for you. Break ups are so painful. But take some time for yourself, resist thinking too much about him and this relationship. It's natural to want everything to go back to how it was. It hurts, but it will get better. Good Luck. *hugs*

Comment

Working...
      X