How often?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How often?

Does anyone else Skype their SO and watch movies with them at the same time? My boyfriend and I do it constantly... how often do you and your SO do it though? Also, anyone know any good romance comedies or just LDR movies? I think my boyfriend and I have watched too many to name and we're running lowers on ideas. Thanks!
    Us: Saleana & Jason
    Ages: 18 & 19
    Met Online: June 14, 2010
    His Feelings Started for me: June 14, 2010
    My Feelings Started for him: July 6, 2010
    First "I love you": January 17, 2012
    "Officially together": February 1, 2012
    Met First Time: HOPEFULLY March 14, 2013 (already booked the flight)
    Closing the distance: No Idea

we've done the movies, when I was with her in Thailand we had a few nights in with DVD's, one movie we watched was "Stardust" I'd seen it several times but she hadn't, kinda a love story / fantasy, she lived it and when I got back home to the UK, I already had it on DVD, we didn't use skype but I called her and we both pressed play the exact same time, watched the movie, not in silence though hah, we made sure we talked etc too :P but it was good fun

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
    2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
    3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
    4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
    5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
    6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
    7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
    Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
    UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

we try to do it, but often we don't get the chance to. The last one we tried to watch, but ended up watching it at different times, was the LDR one Going the Distance

Comment

We haven't skyped yet mainly because he's stuck with hotel internet which is pretty slow. I would like to. Just have to wait till he gets a place and has better internet. Also, I have a question about doing the movie thing over skype. How does this work? Does one person play the movie and both of you watch it or do you both have the movie and press play at the same time? Or do you use some sort of website that lets you watch things together?

Met Online: 02/2012
        Started talking privately: 09/20/2012
        First Met in person: 09/22/2012
        Started Dating: 10/30/2012
        Closed the Distance 4/24/2013

Comment

We just both have ythe movie and press play at the same time, sometimes I have to switch the sound off mine as I can hear it through his

Comment

My SO loves watching movies with me. We don't usually do it over Skype, though, because he lags a lot and doesn't have headphones, so it ends up echoing to me and back to him if I don't use headphones either. We usually download them or find a stream online (in which case we definitely don't skype) and coordinate playing it via instant message. Unfortunately, both of us have been insanely busy recently and neither of us have felt like finding or watching new movies, so we've only done it maybe once every other week. Around christmas time, though, we would do it every 2-3 days because we had the time.
            Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
            Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
            Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

I don't watch movies with my SO at all... We don't get to call on skype that much, so usually we use that time talking and staring at each other. Yeah, sometimes we do discuss movies.. Just a chat about it, but that would be about it.
              I guess I prefer watching movies with him when he is actually near anyway. So that we can cuddle meanwhile ^^
              You used to be much more..."muchier." You've lost your muchness

Comment

Yeah we just both have the video of whatever on our computers and I countdown to press play. Then we turn off cam and mic and just IM little comments throughout.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellow View Post
                  I don't watch movies with my SO at all... We don't get to call on skype that much, so usually we use that time talking and staring at each other. Yeah, sometimes we do discuss movies.. Just a chat about it, but that would be about it.
                  I guess I prefer watching movies with him when he is actually near anyway. So that we can cuddle meanwhile ^^
                  that's my SO and me right there! lol. i was starting to think i was the only one who hadn't tried watching movies together over skype! :o lol

Comment

Yes, my GF and I do it occasionally. The difficulty for us finding a movie that we will both watch

Comment

We don't. I have never skyped with my SO because his computer isn't the greatest and his webcam doesn't work. I even tried fixing it myself with no luck so we don't try any more. As for movies, I have watched movies with him in person but never while apart. If either of us watches something they think the other will like we tell them to watch it so that we can talk about it later.
                      "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
                      This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
                      Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

Working...
                      X