Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supposed to travel; couldn't.

Hallo. I'm new here, figured that I may as well make a post. ~

My name's Cameron, I'm nineteen, and I've been dating my best friend for almost ten months now.

Here's the deal. I'm English, but I met her when I was sixteen and still living in the US as a permanent resident. In 2011, I moved back to England, and six months later, we began our relationship, but I wasn't able to move back to the States (my parents are also back in England, and I've since changed my name, which more or less voided my green card anyway), and here we are. It's definitely the most rewarding and well-rounded relationship that I've been in, and I wouldn't give it up for anything.

The thing is, I was supposed to fly back to her yesterday for a few weeks, but I found out last week that I'll have to travel with an I-407 (residency abandonment) form, which I didn't have, so I've applied for that and I'm currently waiting for it to get back to me. My passport is still in my birth name and gender (I'm transgender, just to complicate matters more), so when I do get my I-407, it'll match my passport, but I'm just really terrified that something else is going to go wrong, and that again, I won't be able to fly back to her, and our hopes are just going to be shot again.

On the plus side though, she did spend three months with me here last summer and is hopefully planning to do so again. We've also been taking about fiance/spouse visas in a few years time when I ~hopefully~ meet the £18k salary requirement, and she's been looking to study over here as well, but even then, that's a good two years away, and it's just a little bit disheartening right now.

And, I don't know. I do feel a lot of anxiety with this relationship, constantly wondering if she's okay. And I feel a lot of guilt too, because I was there with her for a long time, and now I'm halfway across the world.

She's more than worth it, it's just pretty hard sometimes.

Wow, that really sounds like some difficult times but hey, she's coming soon!! One thing me and my boy tell ourselves to make the time seem like it is nothing, we just say " Don't worry love (insert month or specific day here), is just around the corner.. " lots of luck and patience for you, my friend ♥
    ”Distance means so little when someone means so much.”

Comment

Working...
    X