First meeting: NERVOUSNESS?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First meeting: NERVOUSNESS?!

The first time you and your SO met... how did you break the ice? Take away the nervousness? What did you do? Eat? Sleep? Cuddle? Movie? Games?
    Us: Saleana & Jason
    Ages: 18 & 19
    Met Online: June 14, 2010
    His Feelings Started for me: June 14, 2010
    My Feelings Started for him: July 6, 2010
    First "I love you": January 17, 2012
    "Officially together": February 1, 2012
    Met First Time: HOPEFULLY March 14, 2013 (already booked the flight)
    Closing the distance: No Idea

After meeting at the airport, we cuddled in the taxi all the way home without doing much more than resting and holding hands. It was a good opportunity to get comfortable with each other physically. When we got home, we took pictures with one another and cuddled a little more before dinner, so I think that made it better. I was really tired so I just wanted to rest.
    Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
    Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
    Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

We had sex within the same hour we got home from the airport. I can't say I would recommend it to everyone, but it was what broke the ice for us!

Comment

We had an agreement where we didn't have to speak to each other if it was too much. We held hands on the drive from the airport then spent all day walking around the town, learning to hold hands, cuddle, touch etc.
        Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Originally posted by ThePiedPiper View Post
          We had sex within the same hour we got home from the airport. I can't say I would recommend it to everyone, but it was what broke the ice for us!
          Oh my, now I feel a bit like a prude for waiting about 48hrs to kiss... I couldn't help it, I was so attracted to him it was intimidating! though I must admit the kiss led to other things and after that I was no longer nervous

The first day he was dead tired so he didn't even try to get too close, we just talked but he did give me a hug at the end of the night. The next morning was pretty much spent also talking and trying to get me more comfortable around him... we were cuddling around noon. Later that evening we held hands for the first time, I was finally relaxing until I noticed that look on his face that he wanted to kiss me then I got nervous again! haha.

The next day was spent on the road and on airports on our way to our little trip, by the time we got to our hotel it was late and we were both starving, I had a super quick shower thinking we were supposed to have dinner, but turns out his plan was to kiss first and to go find something to eat after so I could finally relax and get it out of the way... needless to say we skipped dinner that night.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
            Oh my, now I feel a bit like a prude for waiting about 48hrs to kiss... I couldn't help it, I was so attracted to him it was intimidating! though I must admit the kiss led to other things and after that I was no longer nervous
            It wasn't planned. I had actually warned him I might not be ready for sex on the first visit at all. However, I don't regret it even though we've broken up now and would not have changed much had I the chance to do it over again.

Comment

haha that is just how life works, I am sorry to hear things ended but happy for you because it sounds like it was a positive experience

My love shamelessly said had he known that was going to be my reaction he would have kissed me sooner... that man has nerves of steel. I was pretty calm myself until he unexpectedly called me and I thought he had a really sexy voice that turned me into goo (we didn't talk on the phone or skyped before meeting in person!).

PS. your site is so cute❤

Comment

I didn't know my SO when I first met her, we first met in person and to be honest we literally just hit it off straight away, just started talking and ended up spending the next month together lol, I'm generally not nervous about anything, she was shy though, but we got past that

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
                2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
                3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
                4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
                5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
                6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
                7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
                Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
                UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

I first went over and met him as a friend, so apart the meeting someone unknown in a different country aspect, ther wasn't any nervousness. We got on great, everyone thought we were a couple! I came home and we did become a couple!

Comment

The first time we met was a bit awkward. I went with my mom to pick him up due to my lack of driving skills. lol
                    I went up to him and give him a big hug and then led him to our car. I couldn't look at him in the eye. It was totally embarrassing and I just couldn't believe he was here!
                    And alas due to my lack of attention brought on by embarrassment, I hit his head with the car trunk! I felt so horrible!
                    After that it just clicked, the incident just took our minds of the awkwardness.
                    We just went out to eat after and when we got home we watched t.v., talked and cuddled. It doesn't sound like much but we just needed to time to get used to actually being with each other.

I don't recommend hurting him on sight but try to be calm and try to talk about things you would usually do to break the ice.
                    Watch a movie together or some shows you both like.

Comment

For the first meeting, we first hugged each other so tightly to feel each other, then we just held hands, kissing.

Comment

Originally posted by Momocheet View Post
                        And alas due to my lack of attention brought on by embarrassment, I hit his head with the car trunk! I felt so horrible!
                        Haha that is so sweet, did he fell for you on the spot?

Comment

Working...
                        X