missing being together alot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

missing being together alot

Bill an I have been talking for over 4 years now an last August we moved forward with our reletionship when we eventually told each other how we felt. In January I went out to visit him an it just confirmed all we were feeling. We got engaged when he proposed to me at the airport as I arrived. I stayed for 3 weeks an it was the most amazing 3 weeks of my life. Now I am back in the UK (4000 miles from him) it is soooooooooooo hard. All we want is to be together forever an we are finding it hard to cope with the distance. Has anyone any ideas for us to help ease the pain we are feeling right now? We talk on video skype every day but its not the same now its not enough Please any ideas would be great help.

Keep busy and try to distract yourself, and give it time I always found that the few weeks right after saying goodbye were very difficult for me, and I couldn't think of anything but how much I missed him. It does get easier with time, and while it's never the same as being together it's better than what you're feeling now! Finding things to do to keep yourself busy helps to keep your mind off of how much you miss him.

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
    Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

thank you .. its helps to know I'm not alone feeling like this

Comment

My SO just left 2 days ago from me after spending 5 weeks together and I feel the same. Talking to him makes me feel a lot better and knowing that distance is not gonna last forever and that if we truly love each other and want to be together forever, these years of distance cannot compare for the happiness we will feel after. Hope that helps .

Comment

The first 2 weeks are generally the worst, after that a sort of acceptance happens, and you fall back in your old habits and pattern. I always try to keep myself busy, taking extra work shifts, go out with friends, visit my parents, etc. It never gets fun, but it gets a tiny little bit better.

Comment

I agree with Charly... the first 2 weeks are the worst.
            It really is best to keep busy, it gets easier, never easy, but easier
            First met by chance in London 2nd June 2012
            Started LDR 24th July 2012
            James' 1st trip to visit Klaire September 29th-October 31st 2012
            James' 2nd trip to visit Klaire November 17th-November 19th 2012
            Klaires' first trip to visit James November 19th 2012-January 13th 2013

Comment

I agree with all the other members..keep as busy as you can..then over time those pangs of hurt & missing him as much with falter....PM me if you need a friend...I originate from England..Hubby in Illinois.....so I do understand where your coming from.....Keep strong my dear...xx

Started Writing - February 2010
              First Visit - September 2010
              Second Visit - June 2011
              Third Visit & His Release Date - February 2012
              Our Wedding Day - April 2012
              Submitted I-130 Visa Application - July 2012
              NOA1 - July 2012
              NOA2 - December 2012
              Fourth Visit - December 2012
              Closing The Distance - Watch this space

Comment

Agree on a project you can work on together, without being physically present. My SO and I are trying to get healthier before i get over to see him, its now been 39 days since i left and time has flown! You dont have to do exercise necessarily, or diet, as someone posted on the forum for things to do its great cooking together as well. Check out different ideas on here and, as the other posters said, keeep busy
                We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

Hey it's always going to be hard to be honest, I'm the same, miss my SO every second, literally thinking of her all the time, if I go out everything I see I think would she like that? oh I want to take her here etc lol, I am lucky in the sense I can ring my SO before work, on my lunch and after work, she has literally changed her sleeping pattern so that she lives on UK time now, despite being +7 hours! lol crazy. But I tend to deal by being super busy, working LONG days like 12 hours and saturdays, sometimes sunday, it keeps me busy, the days till I see her next fall away like leaves and I get a ton of cash too overtime rocks

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
                  2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
                  3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
                  4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
                  5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
                  6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
                  7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
                  Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
                  UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

Thank you all so much for the ideas an yes we will keep busy an hope time goes quicker some good ideas I hadnt thought of.

Comment

Working...
                    X