InSync with each other?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

InSync with each other?

We often end up replying to/asking the same question/topic at the same time on IM. Totally insync!
    Does this happen to you guys?
    It might be that a) we know each other so well and have been talking for so long (since last summer) or b) we are just so much alike and think of the same things at the same time.
    The first couple of times it happened it was quite weird and funny.

My SO and I have a phrase that we constantly say to each other, "GTFO of my head!" Because on soo many occasions we have said the same thing at the same time, or one of us has said out loud what the other one is thinking. Every now and then one of us will do what the other person was going to do, or be craving what the other person wants to eat.

When we first started dating, we told our friends and family we were dating ourselves if we were the opposite sex. We are very in sync with each other and I love it. Though it gets scary sometimes lol.
    "You want for myself
    You get me like no one else
    I am beautiful with you

I am beautiful with you
    Even in the darkest part of me
    I am beautiful with you
    Make it feel the way it's supposed to be
    You're here with me
    Just show me this and I'll believe
    I am beautiful with you"

-Halestorm

Comment

Its happened quite a few times with us One time it was down-right freaky because we ended up typing the exact same question instantaneously right down the the punctuation. I usually capitalise each letter at the beginning of the sentence and this one time I didn't. I love those moments although I tend to tell him to get out of my head too :P
      “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

It's happened so many times to us, both with typing and actually talking to each other, which is even more creepy :O xD But yeah, it's fun when it happens, and we usually laugh a lot

Met online: February 2011
        Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

No, not really.

Comment

we are not inSync at all!

and we love it...
            at least... I do... not so sure about him...

The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.

Carl Jung (1875 - 1961)

Comment

All the time. Sometimes we can just look at each other and know exactly what the other is thinking. We've said exactly the same sentence at the same time, it happens a lot. Recently, i'd started thinking about a certain thing - something neither of us had thought about before. And we both wanted to talk to each other, and it turns out it was the exact same subject. Weirded both of us out completely :L

Comment

Oh God, yes. It especially happens with news stories that we've both read--we always discuss current events, and often we'll bring up the same topic at the same time. He says things I'm thinking better than I ever could have phrased them, and it's crazy how in sync we are personality-wise. We both go through lazy moods and productive moods together, and he calls us two cheeks of the same arse.
                "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

Originally posted by marbear31 View Post
                  Oh God, yes. It especially happens with news stories that we've both read--we always discuss current events, and often we'll bring up the same topic at the same time. He says things I'm thinking better than I ever could have phrased them, and it's crazy how in sync we are personality-wise. We both go through lazy moods and productive moods together, and he calls us two cheeks of the same arse.
                  LOL
                  I loved that last bit :P

The weirdest thing that has ever happened, we were watching the same movie on the same night (he was about 30 mins behind)!!! Both of us had got the same movie without talking to each other about it, just when we got home and started watching it came up in the conversation. This was very early in to our relationship/friendship.
                  After that we tried to deliberately organise a movie night together but it went wrong at least twice coz we couldn't get the same movies (Finland is behind the rest of the world on these).
                  I've also noticed that films seem to be cut differently (are they longer in the UK?) coz we start at the same time and then he ends up been some minutes behind.

Comment

We've had this happen a few times; once it happened for two or three things said in a row. We laugh every time it happens (Or maybe I laugh, and then he laughs at me, I don't know ) Usually it's just short messages, but we'll often know what the other is thinking about or doing on the computer - often varied between Facebook, 9GAG, LFAD and secret stuff - and are forever catching each others yawns

"My arms will be your prison" - My Boyfriend [♥] Our LDR Blog!

Started Talking - October 2012
                    Started Dating - 08.11.12
                    First Meeting - 08.12.13 - 39 days together
                    Second Meeting - 16.12.15 - 31 days together

Rosetta Stone Progress
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    22 / 60

Comment

We kinda finish each others sentences often lol, just know what we're going to say, what we're thinking of feeling etc

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
                      2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
                      3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
                      4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
                      5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
                      6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
                      7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
                      Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
                      UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

We do this alot... usually with a "GET OUT OF MY HEAD" tacked on the end... which starts a whole other chat about how roomy it is in there
                        As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

InSync you ask? lol
                          I just opened my Valentine's Day card...I got her the exact same one. What are the odds!?

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                          Married April 18th, 2015!!
                          Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Yeah! Im glad other people do it too! It's amazing haha, we're always saying and thinking of the same things when we text or when we talk on Skype, I really love it! It always makes us laugh and feel like we're mind readers lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ahava View Post
                              The weirdest thing that has ever happened, we were watching the same movie on the same night (he was about 30 mins behind)!!! Both of us had got the same movie without talking to each other about it, just when we got home and started watching it came up in the conversation. This was very early in to our relationship/friendship.
                              After that we tried to deliberately organise a movie night together but it went wrong at least twice coz we couldn't get the same movies (Finland is behind the rest of the world on these).
                              I've also noticed that films seem to be cut differently (are they longer in the UK?) coz we start at the same time and then he ends up been some minutes behind.
                              Haha, Finland is behind with films, atleast dvds :P I think theyve had to slow down the films, it takes forever to learn to read the Finnish subtitles! (Im a Fennoswede, so I speak Swedish and Im not that good with written Finnish :P )
                              I guess were kind of in the middle with the insync part... Most of the time we know exactly when the other needs to talk or be left alone, but we next to never finish eachothers sentances or phrase something the same way
                              We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

Working...
                              X