How do you solve arguments via Skype?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you solve arguments via Skype?

Just curious if you ever get in arguments with your SO over Skype or even just over online, how do you solve them? Does it get worse/better? Ideas/thoughts/experiences

Thanks
    Us: Saleana & Jason
    Ages: 18 & 19
    Met Online: June 14, 2010
    His Feelings Started for me: June 14, 2010
    My Feelings Started for him: July 6, 2010
    First "I love you": January 17, 2012
    "Officially together": February 1, 2012
    Met First Time: HOPEFULLY March 14, 2013 (already booked the flight)
    Closing the distance: No Idea

pretty much the same way you solve them in real life? ... not sure what to say here.. sometimes they last longer cause I can actually turn him off so to say, whereas if he were there in person I couldn't completely ignore him.
    Basically.. you just talk them out...
    Sometimes it turns out to be a good thing that I can write him emails. If i feel something was left unresolved, I write emails sometimes. And sitting down and writing helps clarfy things for yourself as well, you process things differently, you really give things some thought, which i wouldn't have time to do in day to day life in the heat of the argument. Or, respectively, i also don't get interrupted or sidetracked as it happens sometimes when you have arguments, and you get your whole point across and the other one "has to listen to it".

Best experience so far: we were fighting over something and we were pretty heated up, and it got to that "but you said" and you said .. and I just had this moment where i stepped away somehow and just thought that was stupid and I didn't want to argue like that ...and that i liked his voice, that the argument just seemed important and that we will solve it some other time when we're calm. So i just said Stop. This is stupid. Let's stop and think about what we're doing. And he did.. It was one of the best experiences ever.. such a relief.. and it was nice to re.connect after that and have that moment where we both realized we matter to eachother and we should go about things differently.

Comment

I find its just the same as arguing in person really.. the best way to solve an argument is with communication and talking it through. Skype is great in the way that you can communicate (almost) as well as in person.

only difference I notice is that we can't have a big hug in the end when we apologize/sort out the issue. A big hug always makes it feel complete to me.
      Met Online: February 2009
      Feelings grew: January 2011
      First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
      Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
      Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
      Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
      Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
      Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
      Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
      Engaged: 1st of July 2012
      Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
      Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
      Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
      Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
      Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
      Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

It's really similar. I think what we need to watch out for is not just to phone on Skype but also webcam. It's better to argue when you look each other in the eyes because personally I feel like there is more awareness that there is the person you love on the other side and not just some voice you need to talk over. But that's also my idea for a cdr. Not to argue over the phone but in person

Comment

Working...
        X