How do I do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lafleur View Post
    Do you mind if I ask how you're going to close the distance? It seems like marriage is the solution for a lot of people.
    We will be closing the distance after we get married, going on a marriage visa. Right now I plan to go there in the fall, to study. So i'll be there for a year then come back for a few months, he's going to fly in for our wedding, stay a bit, and then we plan if all works as we hope, move over there. So it will be after 4 years of long distance closing it for a year, and then after 6 years total, hopefully be done with it for good. *fingers crossed*

There's no easy way to close the distance internationally unfortunately, I wish there was. Any visa you go on theres a lot to do for it, weather work, student, marriage. But I hope you guys find a way.
    I love you Nathan <3
    sigpic
    5/25/09 <3

Comment

Originally posted by chizatlauren View Post
      Yeah I wonder how you'll be able to close the distance aside from getting married? It's actually hard for me and my SO too, especially since it's really, really hard to get a US visa in my country right now, even just for travel purposes. It sucks.
      Yup, same here... my boyfriend has tried twice to get a travel visa and was unable to. He wants to come on a student visa and then stay through marriage.
      Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
      Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
      Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

I didn't read all the repiles because I should be cleaning not bumming online, buuut... How you do it, is you just DO.

Because really, there's no option but to press forward, to live every day as best you can. Time takes care of itself, and over time things like money and experience accumulate.

There is really no "how" to it. There's only "do", because there is no other option. If you love each other, and you can't change the situation, then you carry on. It's as simple and as difficult as that.
        Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

My SO is working right now to save all his money so he can come study here in the UK. It IS expensive to study here, especially with the prices of tuition trebling last year. Yes, trebling. It means we can't visit at all for the whole year, because we will literally need all the money to help set him up here. He's not going to my university, his is about an 1.5 hour train from here (but going from a 24 hour flight to a 1.5 hour train is a massive plus), so it's not even like I can sneakily let him stay where I live.

So I'm in the same boat as a lot of you - our move, us even seeing each other 2013 - depends on him making money and being able to get into his university. So, as kitty said "I'm running on love". I haven't seen my SO since August 2012 and this is taking a LOT of patience.

I'm seriously lucky though. We don't have to worry about visas because my SO has british nationality already.

Comment

Working...
          X