Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to send letters/box to the US? HELP!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to send letters/box to the US? HELP!

I think this isn't a major problem, but I really don't know how to send a letter or a package. I have bought a lot of stuff for my SO but I don't know how I can send this to him. Where do I go? Which courier should I trust? And how much should I pay for sending a letter and a small box of goodies?

I'm from the Philippines, he's from the US. I think it will help if somebody from the US or the Philippines can help? The goodies have been stuck with me for quite some time cause I don't know what to do with them.

I don't know which companies you have in the Philippines, but here in Mali, we have DHL, FedEx and UPS. I usually go with DHL but I think they're all fine. The price will depend on the weight and how soon you want it to get there. Last time I sent a letter with DHL it was really expensive (like $100) but that was because I needed it there in the following 48 hours. If you're fine with a slower arrival time, it'll be much cheaper.

Comment

You usually find a lot of information on the net just by googling, and if you have a post office nearby they should be able to help you out
      We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

Is Philippines mail reliable? If so, just put it in the normal mail.

I use DHL from Costa Rica to USA and it's quick and very reliable. It's also super expensive. I just paid $70 to send a folder or papers up to the USA.

Comment

Thanks everyone! I don't know any post office near me to tell you the truth. But I know there's DHL and FedEx. I thought $50 was already expensive! Now I know that what I found in the internet is the real price.

The problem is my SO lives in a small town too. I think he has to pick it up somewhere? Is it right for those in the US?

Comment

If he has to go to a po box normally Dhl and FedEx do not deliver to those. They need a physical address

Comment

Hi! I'm also from SE Asia and my SO is now in Norfolk Virginia US. We always use FedEx for shipping some stuff. The price is around US$60 or more... Yup it's kinda expensive thou but the service is always good and it only takes not more than 3 days so it's worth it enough!
              Jon Lawrence: I love you because you are succesful, intelligent, have a great nerdy personality.
              Jon Lawrence: Love me for all my faults
              Jon Lawrence: You have a good head on your head.
              Jon Lawrence: and you are FUCKING AMAZING LOOKING!

sigpic

Comment

If my SO says he has a PO Box, does that mean I can't send it to his house directly? I'm really wondering...

Comment

Originally posted by chizatlauren View Post
                  If my SO says he has a PO Box, does that mean I can't send it to his house directly? I'm really wondering...
                  A PO Box is at a post office - so, no. It wouldn't go directly to his house. But, PO boxes, generally speaking, are able to be accessed 24/7 by the people who own/rent them.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                  Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                  Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Working...
                  X