Need advice Fast!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice Fast!!

My SO and I are suppose to meet friday. My flight goes in 17 hours. Currently, we are arguing and it's just really bad, we're not even talking right now, i don't know what to do....
    Us: Saleana & Jason
    Ages: 18 & 19
    Met Online: June 14, 2010
    His Feelings Started for me: June 14, 2010
    My Feelings Started for him: July 6, 2010
    First "I love you": January 17, 2012
    "Officially together": February 1, 2012
    Met First Time: HOPEFULLY March 14, 2013 (already booked the flight)
    Closing the distance: No Idea

You both man up and talk/figure things out like two mature people in a committed relationship who are about to meet for the first time.

Comment

Well since the flight is booked and you're leaving soon there is only one thing you can do. Put this aside for now, take some deep breaths, remember that whatever it is that you're fighting about, it is not the end of the world. It's probably not even very significant. Sing a happy song, make your mind empty and then message him that you're sorry it happened but that you are very excited to get on your flight. Of course you're not going to let this get you down, since you're meeting for the first time and it will be amazing! Of course this may be bad timing for a fight but that doesn't mean you would just give up like that, right? Unless the fight was so bad that you consider breaking up but I think that you would have mentioned that in the post if that was the case.
      Whatever you do: make sure you clear your mind first. Do not contact him while upset, because that won't get you any further (speaking from experience here... ) You can do it! And have fun on your visit!

Comment

Step away for a few minutes, take a deep breath, walk around a little, and ask your SO to do the same... then come back and explain your side calmly and without attacking your SO, and have your SO do the same... then if you can't resolve it, agree to disagree and get on that plane! Your argument is probably not actually that big of a deal and will most likely disappear when you're face to face. :P
        Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
        Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
        Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

I think you will seriously regret it if you don't go.

sigpic

Comment

Agree with the others you should go! It's probably made worse by you both being stressed about your first visit.

Comment

You should go! I bet whatever you were fighting about won't seem nearly as important once you're together.
              London girl, American cowboy. "Like a western Dirty Dancing."

Comment

Yeah just go and be positive that things will be better once you see each other's face. I'm even betting you'll forget about your disagreements once you see each other. Goodluck and have a great, wonderful time with him!

Comment

You both need to back away from the situatio and put on your big girl panties and then talk about it OR you can continu fighting and ruin your trip. Really all it takes is a decent covnerstion and some understanding from both sides

Comment

Sometimes it makes a huge difference once you see each other in person. I always believe that things happen for a reason and since that flight is already booked, go for it!!! Meet your SO and talk about it like adults. I wish you all the best, and I'll send loads of positive energy all the way here from St. Lucia!
                    sigpic
                    S & C
                    <3

Comment

Is it possible that you are fighting just because you are nervous of meeting? I remember that at some point in our relationship we would always 'argue' a bit just before meeting, because we were both so nervous of meeting after a few months apart and took it on each other. It doesn't happen anymore but I can understand how nerve-wracking it must be to meet for the first time. Have you talked about your expectations and fears considering your first meeting? Just hang in there and get on the plane, I'm sure you'll forget this once you see each other.

Comment

Working...
                      X