Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just looking for a little advice. Please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just looking for a little advice. Please.

Hello, let me start off by saying Thank you for reading my post and that any advice offered would be greatly appreciated. I live in the US and my SO lives in Canada, and we're actually not that far apart distance wise. Admittedly I've made some mistakes in the past that prevents me from gaining entry into Canada for now, until I am considered "rehabilitated" under Canadian law. (a few misdemeanors) So we've planned for her to come down to Virginia for a week in October. The relationship is absolutely amazing, and we do both love each other very much and plan to be together in the future. We deal daily with the typical "I miss you so much" and "I wish you were here" issues that I'm sure everyone else in a LDR does. The problem is that both of us have some trust issues from previous relationships and other things. It seems a constant battle with the fear that one of us will lose interest, find somebody else or just simply not will to hurdle all that obstacles that face us right now. We are very lucky in the fact that we can text all during the day, and spend the nights on the phone and assure one another daily that none of that is going to happen. We really need to figure something out, it seems we spend more time afraid than enjoying the love that we honestly have. Are these natural thoughts? Are they completely irrational? Any suggestions on how we could possibly make this easier? Would greatly appreciate any advice, Thank you.

While I'm not sure how to tell either of you how to get over your trust issues, I can tell you that to have any chance of a successful LDR, the main part is trust. I see that you're relationship is really new though, so that may just happen naturally with some time. Stop questioning it, and just start doing it. Constantly reassuring each other, in my opinion at least, is a horrible way to spend a relationship All it does is bring focus to negativity, and makes you think and worry about it even more, relationships should make you feel good, not constantly fearful. Try talking about things that'll help you get to know each other better instead, there are lots of ideas on this forum, and focus in on the good things your relationship has brought you. Yes, just like any relationship, one of you might get bored with the other, it might not work out, things could go downhill, but those are the chances you take when starting ANY relationship, it's not that different than being close distance. You should both enjoy what you have now, and let your new relationship grow and blossom naturally, there will always be some fear, but as time goes on and you know each other better, those fears fade away. Good luck.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
    X